• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

need help...my craving of the moment lol

technokitty

I swear I'm like a pregnant woman....I like very many different subjects so my reading tends to go by whatever subject I'm craving at any point in time

well right now it's elves...but I'm rather picky (not in the quality just in the type)

my mind is craving LoTR like elves..u know the type, couldn't find anything so I read Eldest...loved it, had elves, my kind of elves...oh and dragons which is an added bonus

sooooooo any ideas would be greatly appreciated, the bigger the book the better...I'm going postal trying to find a good book online but somehow typing "good elves books" on Yahoo isn't helping much :rolleyes:

help!!!!! I need a fix soon or I swear I'll go mental

:p

Try The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks. There are at least a few cool elf characters in that series; in fact it's quite a bit like Lord of the Rings.

KristoCat beat me to it.

I second The Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks. :)

My I suggest one of my favorite authors, Mercedes Lackey. She has written several series of books about elves. Some of these books are in the Baen Free Books Library, so you can read them online or download them free here --> http://www.baen.com/library/ (Select “Authors” on the left, then select “Mercedes Lackey”).

The SERRAated Edge Series by Mercedes Lackey and her husband Larry Dixon and also Holly Lisle and Mark Shepherd) (Urban fantasy, stock car racing, elves rescuing children and battling evil elves, mages, dragons)
The Chrome Borne
The Otherworld
Born To Run
Wheels of Fire
When the Bough Breaks
Chrome Circle

Halfblood Chronicles by Mercedes Lackey and Andre Norton (Half-elf woman raised by dragons battles evil elves)
Elvenbane
Elvenblood
Elvenborn

Bedlam Bard Series by Mercedes Lackey and Ellen Guon and Rosemary Edghill (Urban Fantasy with bards, music, Renaissance Fair, guardians against evil, elves, evil creatures, runaway children)
Knight of Ghosts and Shadows
Summoned to Tourney
Bedlam Boyz
Spirits White as Lightning
Beyond World's End
Mad Maudlin
Music to My Sorrow
Bedlam's Edge

ohhh thanks guys! I am so taking this list to B&N this weekend hehehe

oh and Stewart do u mean I should post this in the fantasy forum? I'm confused :confused:

He means your thread concerns elves that it should be in the fantasy section of the forum.

Don't worry, no problem. I moved it over to fantasy :)

Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga series has Elves in it - very much like the Tolkein idea. The first book is Magician.

OMG thank you thank you!

oh so excited I can't wait to read these!

I dunno why this time around is those "high elves" that get me going...who know what it will be next? lol

but seriously how cool are those elves? hehehe ;)

Try Faery Reel ed. by Ellen Datlow and Terri Winderling. It has all kinds of great elves and faery stories.

Back