• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Neil Gaiman

I was thinking of buying...
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Two great writers so should be good! :confused:

Anyone read it? :)

So... how do you pronounce his last name? Or how is it supposed to be pronounced? At first I was sure of one way, but then I heard another... now I just don't know. Gay-men? Guy-men? He's doin' a book signing next Monday here in Austin... I need to find out soon. Thanks. ;)

I have the "Two Voices" thing on CD, with Brian Dennehy and Bebe Neuwirth. And at the beginning the announcer pronounces it GAY-men. I can only assume that it was correct.

Gaiman.

Apparently he's written a new novel, called Anansi Boys.

I've read the first review, and I must say, it hugely appeals to me.

Oh, and on a sidenote, here's an interview with Mr. Gaiman, together with Joss Whedon (of Buffy and Firefly fame) --> link

Cheers

Never change a winning formula - I adored American Gods, so I'll be sure to pick this up, too.

Gaiman fan

I picked up American Gods on recommendation on another forum, and I really enjoyed it. I don't know how to do the spoiler thing where it blacks out, so I can't say what I really liked about the novel. I am on the waiting list for Neverwhere at the library, so I watched the BBC series while I am waiting. I like British television, because everybody looks normal, not all plastic surgery and perfect. It was a little hard to follow, and the zoom in-and-out shots were freaking me out, but all-in-all it was alright, and it makes me think the book has some positive possibilities. I am also on the waiting list for Anansi Boys.

spoiler tags & Anansi Boys/American Gods

it looks like this: [ spoiler] your text goes here blah blah blah [/ spoiler]

Just remove the spaces... The spoiler tags look just like the quote tags except instead of the word "quote" it's the word "spoiler"

At the signing in Austin, Gaiman said that one misconception on Anansi Boys is that people think it's a sequel to American Gods... but actually, a character in a book he hadn't written but was already thinking of (Anansi Boys) made an appearance in American Gods. Does that make sense? I hope I wrote that right. :confused:

Martin said:
Never change a winning formula - I adored American Gods, so I'll be sure to pick this up, too.

I liked american gods too, but once a author gets to stuck in one theme i get bored of him quickly.

I took the Anansi Boys preview home with me, but the book itself just costs way too much here.

Anansi Boys Course/Reading Group Online...

At Barnes & Noble online

Upcoming Sessions
November 1, 2005 - OPEN

Description
Don't miss this exclusive opportunity to discuss Anansi Boys with the author, Neil Gaiman.

Take advantage of this unique opportunity to share your thoughts about Anansi Boys with the author and book lovers around the world. Our easy-to-use discussion forum is open 24/7, so you can participate whenever you choose. All you need to get started is a free account with Barnes & Noble University -- sign up today and get ready to join the conversation.

Course Materials
Anansi Boys

Course Creator(s)
Neil Gaiman
Multiple literary award winner Neil Gaiman is the author of the groundbreaking Sandman series of graphic novels, as well as hit fantasies including American Gods and Good Omens (with Terry Pratchett). His novel for children, Coraline, was an international bestseller in 2002 and was followed by the bestselling picture book The Wolves in the Walls in 2003. He is also the screenwriter of the upcoming Jim Henson film Mirrormask.

Learn more about Neil Gaiman in Meet the Writers.

Neil Gaiman will be accompanied by Jerry Weinstein, our Barnes & Noble Book Club moderator, who will serve as the leader of guided discussions for the group

Just thought it was interesting...

Back