• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Alice in Wonderland...?

Has anyone else heard about the new Alice in Wonderland movie, directed by Tim Burton? Supposedly Johnny Depp is playing the Mad Hatter.

I read about this on another forum, but I can't find it now :confused:

This is most excellent news.

And Libra, I'm going to nip any Johnny Depp comments from you in the bud.:p

My daughter will be happy to hear this. She is a big fan of Alice in Wonderland as well as Depp. Thank you for the info.

Knowing Tim Burton, this will be a "kids" film, kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but end up being a fairly twisted version of a children's classic.

Not that I'm complaining.

alice in wonderland

ive just heard from my nephew who lives in torpoint cornwall that they are filming alice in wonderland just around the corner from his house ,how lucky is that .

For his next movie, I'd like to see Burton cast a leading man that's not Johnny Depp. I like their movies and will probably see this one but the whole thing is starting to get old.

I loved the book and also I like some of the movies they created for this movie but it seems like they have created so many movies of this book, I am sure I have seen 3 different movies so far for Alice In Wonderland.

I've never been a big fan of Alice in Wonderland, but because it's Tim Burton (teaming up with Johnny Depp, which is ALWAYS fantastic)...I'll give it a chance.

I don't see anything wrong with Burton picking Depp to be in this movie (he's not going to be a lead, just a side character). They tend to do well together, and other directors have been known to favor certain actors for their movies as well.

Back