• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

new forum

I think it just means that some users decide to put that in as their username. I can't see any other need for it.

Mxx

An asterisk implies that you have a person on your Buddy List unless you mean a name like the new person cat* - that's just the name they've chosen.

Wow, what else can I say? I vanish for a while and I come back and everything's changed. I feel like I'm re-learning my way around. I'm not complaining though, it looks really nice. I like it :)
Random curious thought: Have you considered skins for the forum? Some places have a few skins to chose from, on how you want to view the forum. They may be quite a bit of work but they can also be a nice add on.

Mile-O-Phile said:
An asterisk implies that you have a person on your Buddy List

And what if I don't have anyone on my buddy list, but there's still an asterisk next to my name?

LOL @ your location by the way.

[edit]I think I've got it: it probably means that I was in invisible mode.[/edit]

lies said:
And what if I don't have anyone on my buddy list, but there's still an asterisk next to my name?

I don't know as I've not encountered any other situation with vBulletin3 on any of the sites I use that use this style of forum.

LOL @ your location by the way.

What's funny? The Russian or the actual location? ;)

Having been there I would say the actual location is funny, but not as bad as Aberdeen :D

I don't see an * beside any names except for the likes of cat* ? ? Can I add some random person to my buddy list?

Mxx

Mile-O-Phile said:
An asterisk implies that you have a person on your Buddy List unless you mean a name like the new person cat* - that's just the name they've chosen.

Sorry, I was talking crap. It's a + beside a name that denotes a member of your Buddy List. :rolleyes:

murphyz said:
Just to confirm...are you saying that I was actually correct in my post above?

Correct in the sense that if you go to Invisible Mode your name will have an asterisk beside it. With other members, the asterisk is part of their username.

well , i would like to know why the members list is now available only in the alphabetical order and not in all the different ways as it was previously?

piedro said:
well , i would like to know why the members list is now available only in the alphabetical order and not in all the different ways as it was previously?

What, specifically? You can still view it a number of ways.

When viewing the member list, if you click on "search" and then "advanced search" there are loads of search options for finding members there. If you select "by join date" in the search options it will list members by their join date.

Lies: I do have a question about the new forum. Whenever I want to log in, the "remember me" thingy is ticked, and I always have to untick it. Can you do something about that? I think that those who want to be remember need to see it only once, whereas I think the unticking business might drive me mad some time soon. ;)

Darren Lewis: Your wish is my command :)
I can't help but notice that it's ticked again... Have the boards been updated recently?

Sorry about that. I had to revert that template during a recent upgrade and forgot to edit it to un-tick that box.

Should be sorted now.

Back