• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Gal Here

Flying_Changes

Hey there everyone!

I'm Brittany, I am 19 and an upcoming Sophomore in college. I absolutely love reading (that's why I'm here!), but my passion in life is riding and working with horses.

Here is a list of books that I have read; I have read more, but these are the ones that come to mind. Maybe it will give you an idea of what I like to read:

Horse Miracles: Inspirational True Tales of Remarkable Horses
by Brad Steiger

Horse Crazy: Women and the Horses They Love
by A. Bronwyn Llewellyn

The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Mitch Albom

Black Beauty
by Anne Sewell

Tuesday's with Morrie
by Mitch Albom

My Friend Flicka
by Mary O'Hara

Chosen by a Horse: a memoir
by Susan Richards

BOOKS I HAVE FROM ABOUT JAN. OF THIS YEAR TILL NOW:

The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood
by Sy Montgomery

Riding Lessons
by Sara Gruen

Flying Changes
by Sara Gruen

Water for Elephants
by Sara Gruen

The Diplomat's Wife
by Pam Jenoff

Girls in Trucks
by Katie Crouch

The Last Summer (of You and Me)
Ann Brashares

My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult

AND NOW I'M CURRENTLY READING:

Mr. Knightley's Diary
by Amanda Grange

AND NEXT:

Dream When You're Feeling Blue
by Elizabeth Berg

So I'm a sucker for horse novels, romance novels (as clean as they can get. I don't like reading trashy parts), and old-fashioned novels...for example, from the early 20th century and possibly earlier. Oh and a good thriller/mystery is fun to read every once and awhile!

Nice to meet ya'll! :)

Welcome to the board. Just think of all the great books that are waiting. Must be difficult to read while riding horse. Then again, when I used to drive to work, you wouldn't believe how many people I saw with a newspaper folded to read in traffic. At least the horse is smart enough to stay on the road.:cool:

Welcome to the board! Don't forget to start a blog here-great way to keep a journal of sorts of the books that you've read.

Welcome to the forum!!! I love horses as well, and am going to take up riding at the end of the summer. I am to busy to ride through the summer. Whats your favorite type of horse?

i remember when i was like 6 i was forced to ride a horse at a fair and i cried =/....... wellt hats neither here nor there ...anywhozzle

welcomeee

haha aww well it seems like a lot of guys are afraid of horses. just the other day I took my "big bro" out to my barn and he was terrified! but I did get him to help me groom and give treats to my horse! I give props to any guy that will attempt to ride!

I don't mind horses. I think they are beautiful creatures. Since I live in a metropolitan city, there aren't many chances to ride.

I'd rather leave that up to you country folks. I don't like horse racing, especially these days hearing of the tragedies with broken bones and having to put the animals down. I'll never put any money down on them.

Welcome to the board. Hopefully, you'll be here for a while to discover books other than with horses in them.

Back