• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Here and hoping for better

JasonOrillas

kickbox
I am hoping for a better experience than what I had in the forum with which I used to be a member. For this reason I have some questions. Are the people here more or less openminded? Do you have problems with people creating multiple names and returning again and again to cause problems? Are there any subjects in particular that I should avoid. Honesty is of course important and I will say that I believe I was suspended from the last forum I was in for complaining repeatedly about one single poster and asking the question why the moderators seemed powerless to stop him from harassing people on the forum. This is where I have come from and I am here hoping for something better. I have come to realize that I cannot be offended in this medium of communication. I have no Idea why this is the case it simply is. I am outspoken in my opinions when I have them and I am always curteous but I will not sugar coat what I see as the truth for anyone. A note to all who read this. I love making jokes and I do have a sense of humor. Nothing is sacred except appropriateness of the jokes and how I think other people will handle my paricular style of humor.
Thank you if you took the time to read this and any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings!

There's only a couple of harmless wackos here as far as I can tell. I haven't encountered any personal attacks thus far...of course it's only a matter of time :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the forum! We are a friendly bunch of mad people here. I am sure you will have a good time. It's a very relaxed and open forum. There is no problem with stating strongly held opinions.... however. As long as YOU accept that other people have a right to hold an opposite opinion and just because you think something is true does not mean it is true or that the people that do not hold your view are morons. Just respect others and their views and all will be well. If you want to know more you can look at our membership agreement here

Things to avoid? Politics and religion are not to be discussed here on the forum unless they are part of book related discussion. Name calling and abusive behaviour are not tolerated. Apart from that... anything goes :)

Enjoy! :)

AAAHHHH so there are things to be avoided and wonderful moderator that you are you included the most often used subjects of forum Trolls. Um definition of Troll; person who comes to do nothing more than cause trouble and when confronted with an intelligent reply shows his/her true colors by making derogatory and/or offensive remarks about posters' ............. <--- anything you can think of. Thank you SillyWabbit for your sound advice to someone who is New Hare.

Welcome to the forum..
Don't think there are anyone on this forum you should avoid, we are all fairly mad but in a good way.
And thanks Eugen, compliments are always well received :)

I have another forum on which I vent my political and religious spleen, so staying away from those subjects here is very much okay with me.

I'm also new, Jason.

:rolleyes:

I am very glad. I read most of the thread that was recommended and I now see that on here what happend on the other forum to which I subscribed will not happen.
Well that was bad english, and I am too lazy to change it. LOL Obviously I have a problem.

hay82 said:
And thanks Eugen, compliments are always well received :)
Ah! This is where flirting begins. Male or female or in between jobs? Oops! Please disregard. The powers that be? Black out this one.

I am glad because those are not only touchy subject but subjects that I tend to avoid in real life as well as on forums. I am also glad that I am not the only newbie here maybe No one will notice my error quite as much.

JasonOrillas said:
Thank you SillyWabbit for your sound advice to someone who is New Hare.

Cute pun! I hope you stay a while and find what you're looking for.

Oh well

JasonOrillas said:
I am glad because those are not only touchy subject but subjects that I tend to avoid in real life as well as on forums. I am also glad that I am not the only newbie here maybe No one will notice my error quite as much.
I think I have made at least six mistakes already. Question. How does one know which post went with which reply?

Eugen said:
Ah! This is where flirting begins. Male or female or in between jobs? Oops! Please disregard. The powers that be? Black out this one.
Couldn't disregard... To many jokes... Must make joke... :D
You must know me since you skipped the flirting and went straight to oops :D

hay82 said:
Couldn't disregard... To many jokes... Must make joke... :D
You must know me since you skipped the flirting and went straight to oops :D
I'm logged off. (logs off, heart beating wildly)

Uhm excuse me?

Eugen said:
I'm logged off. (logs off, heart beating wildly)
Is flirting allowed? (whispers quietly to strange person close by and decided to slip away and return later for answer.)

Hi, JasonOrillas! You'll find a lot of strongly held beliefs here about books and other things, but the Moderators generally will close a thread if it gets too obnoxious.

Of course, being New Hare, make sure that you tell SillyWabbit how much you LOVE penguins... :rolleyes:

Welcome!
Cathy

Welcome to the forum, JasonOrillas! :) Flirting is permitted on every second Friday if there is an 'R' in the month, but only between consenting adults. :D

Cathy C said:
Of course, being New Hare, make sure that you tell SillyWabbit how much you LOVE penguins...

...and Terry Pratchett books. ;)

Back