• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nooooo!!!!! It's September

SFG75 said:
Show of hands-who here likes 90-100 degree weather?

If my choice is 90 degrees and sunny, or 20 degrees windy and snowy I'll raise my hand for 90 thank you very much...

I'd rather cut grass than shovel snow.
I'd rather sweat than shiver.
I'd rather go swimming to cool off than layer on more clothes to stay warm.
I prefer a/c costs to heating costs.
I like green leaves over no leaves.
I prefer 14 hours plus of daylight over 8 hours or less.
I like daylight until 8:30-9:00pm over dark at 5:00pm.
I prefer hearing crickets and tree frogs at night over teeth chattering and car tires spinning on ice.
I prefer driving with the windows rolled down rather than up.
I prefer not having to scrape frost and ice off my windshield in the morning.

I was born in September and love the Spring when you can feel the summer warmth coming, which is what happens at this time in the southern hemisphere. So perhaps there's something to your theory?

BTW, if you think of that whole June to December word I'd like to know it. In my family my brother's birthday is almost exactly 6 months from my Dad's, while my Mum's is almost exactly 6 months from mine. And we have a birthday in each season. It's truly odd.

I enjoy winter more than summer. Where I live, we have only two seasons: a really long summer and a fall/spring mishmash thing. It snows here once in, oh, about ten years. And I sweat just thinking about being hot. So, I just prefer cool weather. Unfortunately for me, cool weather won't arrive here until the end of October.

Motokid said:
Is September the un-official end of Summer? It is for me...and I hate it....shorter days, longer nights, colder, falling leaves (although the colors are nice for a few weeks), gray landscapes (no leaves), are all just a blink of the eye away....

Anyone care to join me in my mourning the death of summer? :( :( :(

and I know that technically fall does not start until September 22nd...
Longer nights, thats great, I love my sleep! :D

I have a pet theory about people's favorite months. I'll bet all those cold weather lovers up above there were born in the fall or winter, and that you, Moto, arrived on the planet in the spring or summer?

I was in such a hurry for spring to arrive that I got here in March.

Wow, that would be accurate in my case-Feb. here.

StillILearn said:
I have a pet theory about people's favorite months. I'll bet all those cold weather lovers up above there were born in the fall or winter, and that you, Moto, arrived on the planet in the spring or summer?

I don't know. I was born in April, and my favorite month is October. I guess the temperature is fairly close, but the rest of the weather is far off.

StillILearn said:
I have a pet theory about people's favorite months. I'll bet all those cold weather lovers up above there were born in the fall or winter.

Sorry, but that doesn't apply to me! I was born at the beginning of July, but my favourite season is autumn (fall). Don't get me wrong, I like the summer flowers and it's nice to see a bit of sun, but I don't cope with the heat very well, I get hayfever, I don't tan - just burn, and I hate wasps and bugs. So summer's a bit pointless for me really!

I love that "autumn" feel in the air, when it's still warm but kind of mellow and misty. Everything is so calm and still. I love the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees, and then kicking through them when they fall. I still hate winter though!

StillILearn said:

Your theory certainly holds true for me. I love winter and I was born in January.

I guess in my case, I desire what I can't have. I was born in southeast Asia and have never lived anywhere there has been a real winter. I've only seen snow a couple of times in my life.

well i invite you to my part of the world around the end of january beginning of february. we can send the kids outside in the snow, light a fire and drink coffee with a splash of bailey's and watch the snow. it's the best thing on tv that time of year.

jenngorham said:
well i invite you to my part of the world around the end of january beginning of february. we can send the kids outside in the snow, light a fire and drink coffee with a splash of bailey's and watch the snow. it's the best thing on tv that time of year.

Now that sounds awesome!. I'm a bit south of you, but there is nothing like watching the first snow with some great coffee.
th_coffee.jpg

No sympathy from me moto, New England was made for fall. Leaves, apples, pumpkins, apple cider doughnuts (omg they are the best). If it could be fall for 10 months i'd be happy....I'll give two months for summer picnics and swimming:)

Mmm, pumpkin! My favourite vegetable!! It's not available year round in Canada like it is back home, and I just love the fall because of it. Roasted pumpkin, mashed pumpkin, pumpkin soup... any way I can get it. Actually, the only pumpkin product I *don't* like is pumpkin pie. It's not a dessert food in my mind.

*ducks and waits for fury of North Americans who hold their pumpkin pie in very high regard*

Not quite pumpkin but I did cook up my first squash of the year this weekend. I made a butternut squash and chicken dish, yum.

Yum! I went and got arborio rice today, so I'll be whipping up some pumpkin risotto when I see my orange friends at the supermarket!

Back