• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

NPR summer book reading list

SFG75

Found this interesting compilation of books to read during the summer time. Anyone see any books on there that they have read or want to read?:cool:

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver, Camille Kingsolver, and Steven L. Hopp-I have this one waiting

On Chesil Beach: A Novel, by Ian McEwan-looks interesting

I've not read any of the books on there, but there are a few that have piqued my interest. I will resist the temptation to make my TBR list even longer than what it currently stands at though. ;)

At first glance, I didn't see any that I have on my personal list. Most of them I haven't even heard of, but that doesn't mean much. I'll probably come back again and look at them more closely to see if there are any I'd like to read.

I haven't read anything on that list, or even heard of most of them. The Ray Bradbury book looks interesting, but it says it's a sequel to Dandelion Wine, which I haven't read yet...and I should probably read the other books of his that I own first, since they've been waiting patiently in my book queue. :)

I've never read any books on that list. There were a few titles I'd like to try out, notably Divisadero and Perfect From Now On: How Indie Rock Saved My Life. Whenever I'll actually get around to reading them... well that remains to be seen.

Hm. Nothing there fires the pleasure neurons. Besides, my reading list is already longer than Don Juan's list of conquests. And my list of conquests is... well... not so impressive...

I can't say that I have read any on that list yet, however I will probably read Children of Hurin at some point :cool:

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver, Camille Kingsolver, and Steven L. Hopp-I have this one waiting

I'm about a hundred pages into this one, Sofia. You won't be disappointed!

I have adored this woman for ages -- and now I love all of her kinfolk too. If I ever have the pleasure of meeting Kingsolver in person I'm going to give her a great big:

" Well now, will you just look at that." :D

I saw The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien on there. I bought that when it first came out, and was actually pleased with it, even though the story it one that I've read before in different versions, in The Silmarillion and in Unfinished Tales. I was happy to see that someone thought to include it here!

Back