• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

O.J. Simpson's First "If I had Killed My Wife" Novel

from the above-mentioned article:

Sales had been strong, but not sensational. "If I Did It" cracked the top 20 of Amazon.com last weekend, but by Monday afternoon, at the time its cancellation had been announced, the book had fallen to No. 51.

Were these preorders, or had they actually published some and just pulled further publishing?

I am glad they pulled it. Those families do not need to relive the pain of losing their children and having their murderer profit from it.

O.J. Simpson is a clear example of someone with Narcassisitic Personality disorder.

"When the personality is rigid to the point of being unable to change in reaction to changing circumstances - we say that it is disordered. Such a person takes behavioral, emotional, and cognitive cues exclusively from others. His inner world is, so to speak, vacated. His True Self is dilapidated and dysfunctional. Instead he has a tyrannical and delusional False Self. Such a person is incapable of loving and of living. He cannot love others because he cannot love himself. He loves his reflection, his surrogate self. And he is incapable of living because life is a struggle towards, a striving, a drive at something. In other words: life is change. He who cannot change cannot live."

"He feeds off other people, who hurl back at him an image that he projects to them. This is their sole function in his world: to reflect, to admire, to applaud, to detest - in a word, to assure him that he exists. Otherwise, the narcissist feels, they have no right to tax his time, energy, or emotions." Taken from a review of the book "Malignant Self Love - Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin. Sam Vaknin describes himself as being a person with Narcassistic Personality disorder.

In other words, O.J.'s purpose in life is to be admired. O.J sees people as existing only in relation to O.J. Last summer, he was shown promoting his "Juiced" television show, a show like "punk'd." His interview and the new book are ways for him to keep being the center of attention. And frankly, we give him the attention he desires because he is so controversial.

By the way, in one segment of "Juiced," the prank that is shown is O.J. is selling the white Bronco from his infamous car chase.

What I want to know is...

If this book doesn't soar to the top of the NY Times best seller list, I might just have to start having faith in mankind again.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

So BG, is your faith restored? Just a little?

So BG, is your faith restored? Just a little?

Honestly, I'm not sure. While I'm glad OJ Simpson and his publishers don't make a bundle of money off two people's deaths, I would much rather have seen the book get published and not sell. THAT would be grounds for faith in humanity. This way, it looks like mob justice and moral outrage was just on the right side for once.

Yes, there's no pleasing me.

Yes, there's no pleasing me.

Really? You surprise me, I would never have thought that :D .

I think the publisher just tallied up the costs (advertising, PR, possible lawsuits etc) and realised that they outweighed the projected sales. Had the pre-order sales been higher, I doubt moral outrage would have got in the way.

I would much rather have seen the book get published and not sell. THAT would be grounds for faith in humanity. This way, it looks like mob justice and moral outrage was just on the right side for once.
I have to second that. It's an awful thing that someone would buy the book. I'll be quite honest and admit that I might have flipped through it curiously, just to see what kind of tone he used, but I wouldn't have sent the cretin any money. I would have thought anyone with the slightest morals would agree with me. Either I'm wrong or everyone has morals. Either way, that scares me a bit.

After (sort of) standing up for him and his book, I must admit I was pleased that the whole deal fell through.
Ions was right - I retract my statements.
He should rot in HELL (OJ, not ions).

Back