• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Off On Holiday

mmmmmm vodka.

i may have to make a run to the liquor store because i've really got a taste for rum & coke right now.

Well, ive got some clods of dirt still attached to the bottom of my shoe, you can have that if you want :)

Phil

Ah, but this is special dirt, all the way from the River Severn, its got healing properties, i swear ;)

Phil

Yes, however did you get those out of your .. you know what, don't tell me.

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Them beans was magic i tells ya, you just didnt plant them in the right place ... when i said somewhere warm and fertile i didnt mean .. <sigh>

Phil

I can't tell you how much I missed you Phil. I didn't even know he was gone

Thanks for starting this thread for us. you'll be sorry

I hope you never, ever leave us again. let me help ya pack your bags

Your friend for life, leave Ice behind next time...humma..humma

RaVeN

Back again already - our latest camping trip got rained off in a torrent last night so we packed up this afternoon and came home :) Covered in mud and generally in a bad mood i might add!!

I continually wonder why i subject myself to the adject misery that is camping again and again and again .... :(

<Sighs>

Phil

That's camping for you, deary. At least in this hemisphere and at this time of year. You should know better!!! (that's why I loathe camping).

Glad you survived, though.

Welcome back, Phil.

Hobitten

Ha!! I went at the start of April and it was lovely and warm ... now you'd think that a month later it would be better weather!!

Oh well, thats East London for you :D

Phil

That's what I mean!

You should know better, Phil. :rolleyes:

Hobitten :)

P.S. If it's any consolation. I got soaked 4 times this past week. And I didn't even go camping... :mad:

I never have trouble with the weather when I'm out camping ..

.. but then, I always go camping in the South of France.

Martin said:
.. but then, I always go camping in the South of France.

We have an old saying in Denmark:

"The rich have many pleasures and the poor have many children". ;)

Hobitten :)

I've not been rained on while camping for years. But then I've not been camping for years. Plus I live in Perth WA :D

Not trying to gloat.

Errr, yeah I am.

Sorry to hear it washed out your hols thou' I remember such times well :mad: Soaking wet in the Lake District, N Wales and Scotland. The best part was drying out in the pub and getting drunk. The worst was being kicked out at 2:30 cos the pubs used to shut in the afternoon.

phil_t said:
You'll be pleased to know that i too have been soaked camping in all those places!! :D

Just from the waist down though. It wasn't raining out. :eek:

Have I told you lately how much I missed you Phil?

RaVeN

Back