• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Off To Greece

Libre

Well, I'm taking a vacation with my wife (I said WITH, not FROM) - celebrating our 4th anniversary. That's 4 years of unmitigated marital bliss (I used to think "marital bliss" was an oxymoron, like "military intelligence").

We're off to Greece for a week - cruising around the islands and a few days in Athens.
Behave yourselves - try not to get into any flame wars while I'm gone, okay?
I just don't want to miss anything good while I'm gone.
I'll post the pics when I return.
I don't know goodby in Greek (or anything else for that matter) - so I'll just say- Adios, amigos!

I've heard Greece is very beautiful, I hope your wife and you have a lovely time and Happy Anniversary !!!:)

Have a good time! The only one of two Greek words I know is eleutheria - freedom! :rolleyes: ;) Hope you see a lot of beauties-joys-for-ever, and have a great visit!

Wow, you take great pictures, Libre! So much blue, both sea and sky. It looks really beautiful there, I hope I can visit someday myself. You both appear so relaxed and happy. The ruins look amazing -- I doubt they would have been able to drag me away at the end of the day.

What was your favorite part of the trip?

Wow! That does it, no doubt about it..your little trip beats ours to Salina Ks, hands down:D Wonderful pics there Libre, looks like a lovely trip too. Congrats on your anniversary!

Thanks! We really loved it.
My favorite part was the cruise - especially the island of Mykonos. Enchanting. I've never been on a cruise before this - what great fun! I hear the island of Santorini is supposed to be even nicer. Also, the very famous ruines in Athens were - well - all they're built up (or fallen down) to be.

Wow Libre, lovely shots. I've never given Greece or Turkey a second thought, but I think I may have been wrong.

thanks, mehastings.
I used to think the same as you - why Greece?
Actually, I've always sort of wanted to check it out, but my idea of an *ideal* vacation used to be an all-inclusive Carribean resort, doing almost nothing and having to go nowhere (once I arrived) except to the swim-up bar.
Well - I did that vacation at least 10 times.
Nice, but pretty boring after awhile.
At some point, my idea changed to visit places that were ... enriching. Places with history, places with their own cultures, places with incredible natural beauty. Not that the beach at Negril is ugly, in fact, it's quite nice - but it's always the same.
Yes, I highly recommend Greece and Turkey.
Japan is next on my ALWAYS WANTED TO GO list.

Back