• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

OK Darren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4G

I see what you're saying. I won't use PMs to "promote" my site any more, even though:

3.2 You may promote your own site or service in your signature only. If you are recommending a service in your post and have an interest in that service, please state so in your post.

Doesn't really say anything about PMs.

Oooh, auch, is it a competition? Hm, I hope it'll be a bit friendlier than the Olimpics this year... I just hear some bitterness in CDA's message, and I really do not see why. Is it a war ?

I hope not... I really liked that it was so peaceful here ever since I came... And friendly ;)

Oooh, auch, is it a competition? Hm, I hope it'll be a bit friendlier than the Olimpics this year... I just hear some bitterness in CDA's message, and I really do not see why. Is it a war ?

I hope not... I really liked that it was so peaceful here ever since I came... And friendly ;)

The bitterness is all in your mind me old mate! A war? Only a fun one!

I really don't agree with the notion that a board "steals" another board's members. It is possible you know, to be active on multiple boards. Heck, abecedarian is active on three that I know of at the same time!:D

I really don't agree with the notion that a board "steals" another board's members. It is possible you know, to be active on multiple boards. Heck, abecedarian is active on three that I know of at the same time!:D

True, but its the ones you don't know about that should scare the bejeebers out of you:p

You don't crochet, by chance do you?

To be fair, I have been inviting people on BAR to join TFS. I am now awaiting Darrens confirmation that this is a no no.

You are right though, SF. Many people post on more than just one forum, and ABC is proof of this. I don't know what the worry is about. Unless Darren is worried about revenue or some such.
C

11,746 BAR/TBF members and counting.....seems like we could all share and be quite happy doesn't it?

I was not aware it was against the membership agreement to invite a fellow member to check out a different forum. Just the other day I received such an invitation. I'm satisfied this person meant no disrespect to thie forum whatsoever.

Civil

I was not aware it was against the membership agreement to invite a fellow member to check out a different forum. Just the other day I received such an invitation. I'm satisfied this person meant no disrespect to thie forum whatsoever.

Be civil...

:eek: I leave a few hours and everything goes crazy! I am a member in 3 other forums. I came to this one through a search on the net just like the others, if someone did any private promoting I don't think it was meant as disrespect to this forum, but thats my opinion:)

I participate in three book forums. Actually, I only found my way here after joining first one site, getting an invite on that site to another site, and then finally hearing about BAR from the second site. If I hadn't been invited to multiple forums, I probably wouldn't have found this forum. Though I actively participate in this forum the least, I read it nearly as often as the other two.

I've already replied to your thread in the feedback section.

What I objected to was your abuse of the PM system asking members to come to your site. It's unsolicited communication - SPAM.

If we allow you to do this for your site, we can't very well turn around and ban new sign ups for doing the same for their own sites.

As you've stated that you'll stop doing it, then the matter is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back