• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Only in the UK

see, this is a good example of someone infracting on the english language. hello motokid. me... frrrrieeend. friiieeeeeeeeeennndd. you... motokid. motooooooooookid.

Motokid said:
I'm not sure this is all that to be upset about.

It would have been much more fun if they showed Martha Stewart in her underwear in jail. What do you think, practical white cotton like Sadam or something cuter?

How about Jeffrey Archer? Red briefs? The possibilities are endless. Great book idea, many profits to be had. "Jailbirds in Skivvies"

And the award for stupidity in the UK goes to........

Taken from Sky News LIGHTSABRE SCRAP HORROR

Two people have been left with severe burns after their home-made Star Wars light sabre exploded and showered them in petrol.

Mark Webb and Shelley Mandiville are thought to have filled a fluorescent tube with fuel to imitate the screen weapon.

But their clothing caught fire during the mock fight in woodland near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, leaving Mr Webb with 40% burns.

Police said both he and Ms Mandiville, 17, were in a critical condition in hospital in Chelmsford, Essex.

A spokesman said fire crews called to the woodland found the pair on the ground.

Police think they had been filming themselves at the time.

The latest Star Wars film, Revenge of the Sith, opened in Britain and the United States last week.

It broke the record for a single day's profits in North America, raking in a massive £27.5m.

We can only hope they don't breed :cool:

By any chance were they friends of Derek Zoolander? Reminded me of the "harmless gasoline fight" that killed his friends

Does anyone know if the cheese the winner gets it's the one he is been rolling? And what do you do with so much cheese anyway?

bobbyburns said:
see, this is a good example of someone infracting on the english language. hello motokid. me... frrrrieeend. friiieeeeeeeeeennndd. you... motokid. motooooooooookid.

did you watch E.T. recently?

clueless said:
Does anyone know if the cheese the winner gets it's the one he is been rolling? And what do you do with so much cheese anyway?

yeah i was wondering this too? what happens to that cheese in the end?

"And what do you do with so much cheese anyway?"

You make sure you get plenty of fiber to go along with it.... :eek:

I don't know if Jerry Springer The Opera has ever made it to the USA.

All I know is he has a one hour talk show that air's every weekday and it's the worst of the worst...and yet he still gets enough ratings to continue...

Laser-geek-UK said:
did he try and get in to politics? or was he previously in politics?

it's truly sad that i know this, but as far as i know, he was a mayor in connecticut...

in most parts of the UK the mayor is just a face for the pictures, hence they have very few actual powers. Is this not the case in the US?

"Springer, now 60, was Cincinnati’s mayor before turning to a TV career. He ran unsuccessfully for governor in 1982 and considered runs for the U.S. Senate in 1999 and again last year."

Back