• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Only in the UK

There is actually a very reasonable explanation behind the strange courses. With the help of chemists they analyse the structure of the food and find out which tastes would go together. This have made a lot of really strange combinations. :)

Calling all voters in England....

What's your prediction for the coming vote tomorrow? Who are the leading candidates, and what do think the outcome will be?

Who will be the next Prime Minister of England?

Just asking for predictions, not who you will specifically be voting for, but if you care to expose that....well that's up to you....

Ummm isn't that a political topic still? :)

No political discussion on the book forum unless part of an actual book discussion. Please don't go there :)

What's the difference between asking for a prediction of a snooker match, or soccer match, or national election?

I figured it'd be an interesting thing to ask for a prediction, then see who may or may not get it right?

It's surely not a question that could deviate into some kind of anger fest is it?

I don't see this as dangerous territory, but if you so wish to impose the moderator's hand of authority then so be it....

...just a little fun in trying your hand at telling the future....that's all....

Motokid said:
What's the difference between asking for a prediction of a snooker match, or soccer match, or national election?

Err, well now. If my brain's working properly today, which I think it is, then two of those things are sporting events and one is a political event. Did you never watch Sesame Street? They used to have this bit where they played a funy tune and got you to spot the odd one out. It's good practice for this sort of thing. I was dead good at it. A valuable life skill.

In fact - if some of you don't know Sesame Street and are wondering what in the heck she's banging on about, can I refer you to this. You can practice the games Litany speaks of. Make sure you have your speakers on!

I didn't think taking a light-hearted stab, at making a prediction of what the outcome of millions of votes will be, would be all that outrageous...

....I guess I am wrong, again, and I'll go back to pissing people off in some other thread....

....sheesh....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4553933.stm

Only in the UK can the term "going postal" mean you're laughing all the way to the bank....

I'm trying to figure out which country is is all backassward.....something about record profits from a postal service that really doesn't have the right ring to it....I guess that's the American in me showing again... :D :D

Considering there's supposed to be something like a 300% increase in complaints about the mail, I can totally understand why you're laughing.

Not fair if you're english though & have to wait until around 3 in the afternoon before you get your post delivered :(

(Come on people, feel sorry for me)

I'll join you in your self-pity, Sar. I think the latest we got our post was 4.30 pm once. :eek: I remember the good ol' days when it arrived at 7.30 am on the dot, rain or shine, there was a second post around 11.30 am, and you could leave your front door unlocked without being burgled... ;)

We actually get our post at 6:30am without fail (though they do seem to store it up :rolleyes: ) We can also leave our cars unlocked at night and leave things outside next to the house :)

Ice said:
We can also leave our cars unlocked at night and leave things outside next to the house :)

We can leave our house unlocked & things outside - but only as long as we don't mind some total scally nabbing off with them. I honestly even had someone steal petrol from my car last year. The car was parked right outside my house & even had a lockable petrol cap, you should have seen the state of it after they'd spent ages with a screwdriver prizing the cap off :(

Yeah we had the same thing happen to us when we living in Reading, someone smashed the petrol cap off and siphoned out the petrol (our fault for leaving it on the street when we went on holiday, I suppose) ... we found the mangled cap in a hedge about 20m down the road, luckily the nice people at the local Ford garage fixed it for free!!

Now we live out in the middle of nowhere, I'd feel fairly happy to leave the door unlocked if I didnt think the dogs would let themselves out :rolleyes:

Phil :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4565505.stm

Is this really that bad? I would think the Iraqi's that suffered so many years of brutal torture and humiliation at this mans hands should be able to see him in his tightie-whities. They need to know that he really is captured, but not being beaten and dipped in acid, as there's rumors that he did those kinds of things to his own people.

I'm not sure this is all that to be upset about. Is it?

Back