• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Only in the UK

that, and drink shitty beer, and look like an idiot by asking stupid questions of non-American's like "what's a lorry".... :D

You might want to consider giving your opinion of the articles you post. Don't have to, though.

Cheers

"go granny" doesn't give you some kind of idea where I stand on that one? Not to mention the opinions on legalization of marijuana that I stated a while back in the thread on pot that "I" started?

Sometimes I like to lay back and read what others have to say, and feel that I might say too much. There are what, like over 3000 forum members, but it seems like only about 20 of us regularly post.

yes I am, and you are free to keep me on my toes, and point out my mistakes, and make comments as you see fit on anything I choose to post...

Happy Friday all !!!! :D :D :D

yes indeed happy friday. my hubby took today off so technically for me today is saturday as i had a few cocktails while watching survivor last night.

aaaah yes. except he gets to sleep in and i am up with the 4 year old and the 1 year old. he is still blissfully asleep. you see it is only 9 oclock here in nova scotia.

my comp is in the kitchen so while i am online i am also making french toast and coffee and feeding the baby and the dog and listening to the news. which is all about da pope.

Your computer is in the kitchen!! Excellent Idea - <makes mental note to ask Ice about making computer closer to food> :D

Phil

yes it is awesome having it here as i also use it for recipes and to listen to the radio and mp3's.

I used to get flack from my friends for taking my laptop into the kitchen, but I think it's great too - especially for recipes. Yay!

I have a one-room-apartment; everything is in my kitchen.

Cheers

Disclaimer: All o the above is a blatant lie.

There are gov't security cameras all over England now. I've seen them on the most rural roads in the middle of farmland. Every night on the news, they have actual footage of a crime that was recorded by security camera nearby. It's really creepy.

I do wonder sometimes if they all are working or just there as a reminder to behave yourself. It really drives home what a small country England is, that they can install gov't cameras filming potato farms in Lincolnshire. It really is a very paternalistic country.

We have some cameras at some major intersections to catch people who run red lights. Some people are crying about "Big Brother" type issues, and the rights of people being infringed and all that. I can't imagine the uproar if speeding cameras were being added. The posted speed limit through Delaware on I-95 is 55mph, but if you're not doing at least 65 to 70 you're in danger of being rear-ended most of the time.

Motokid said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/wiltshire/4439441.stm

Careful driving TBF members who live in England....my heart goes out to you on this one.

I'm sure that'll be an issue for America soon too, but I really hope not...

:mad: It's just a money making scheme for the local authority - we drove back down the M4 from Wales the other weekend (they have already installed them on a stretch of the M4 in Wales but that has a 50 limit) and the amount of panic braking you saw was unbelievable, and they weren't even in operation! I really can't see the need to have speed cameras on a motorway - it's just our bloody government :mad:

Sorry this is one thing that really annoys me - i'm all for having speed cameras in accident hotspots - anything that saves lives is great, but as a money making scheme for the government ... :rolleyes:

Back