• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peder kills discussions? DISCUSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so what if he does? Referees and umpires aren't supposed to complain about how long the game goes.

Anyone can bump this thread to their heart's content and it won't be an issue as far as I'm concerned; however, I do feel it to be contradictory, and perhaps a little disingenuous, to then turn around and comment that the thread isn't dying.

Anyways, play ball!

Here you are, Beer Good. The floor is yours. :flowers:

Anyone else with a grievance is also welcome, of course.

Maybe you have another definition of thread killer than the rest of us but I don't see any recent threads that died after a Peder response.

If you have an issue with beer good, take it to PM please.

Maybe you have another definition of thread killer than the rest of us but I don't see any recent threads that died after a Peder response.

The thread did arise out of a complaint by Polly Parrot that I killed threads, and beer Good has lately accused me of always derailing threads.

If you have an issue with beer good, take it to PM please.

I would hope that similar advice applies in reverse with respect to beer good as well. As far as I can tell he has considerable issue with me.

But, if you feel the thread is inappropriate, I have no objection if you close it.

Cheers

Killing threads and threadjacking aren't the same thing.

Anyhoo, I don't have any intent on closing this thread except by your request.

Anyhoo, I don't have any intent on closing this thread except by your request.

Well, that's a close call. The thread has accumulated all sorts of comments, other than threadkilling, and mostly critical, ever since occlith opened it. I think it has served a useful purpose in allowing people to get things off their chest rather than harbor grudges and continue to snark forever. And I haven't objected to anything that anyone has chosen to post. Quite the contrary, I have tried to get any bad feelings out in the open, and without offering any counter-argument. On balance I think it has served a useful purpose, so I am inclined to leave it open.

If on the other hand the forum does not wish to highlight snarkiness, then it had best be closed.

You are the moderator, so forum virtue is probably best served by closing it, and that's what I request.

No problem.

I see that I am now shown as the 'originator' for this thread. That's a surprise! It used to be occlith, who in fact did open the thread.

Just sayin, to keep the facts straight.

Did I say you originated this thread? Ooops. Sorry about that. That it clearly not the case.

And you're sure you want this thread closed?

And you're sure you want this thread closed?

Might as well. It seems to have passed its useful purpose. If anyone gets into a storming rage about me, they can start a new one if they feel like it, or else report me to the Admin.

I'm hunkering down for a long quiet time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back