• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peder kills discussions? DISCUSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Occlith, it is for your post, and for some others here, that I think this thread has had merit. So, thank you to all who have presented your honest assessments and thoughts. I have in fact been pleased with the relatively temperate tone of this thread, after not quite knowing what to expect in the beginning. However, being frank, I still suspect there are some harsh words lingering out there about past events, by participants who have not yet posted. People have drifted away, and started frying other fish, and I have cut back on my own posting, so potential flash points and friction have been reduced quite a bit. But, having said that, I have also been surprised at how explosions can occur out of clear thin air, here and on other forums, and I have lost my taste for running the risk. There always seems to be someone who gets personally offended at hearing an opinion different than their own. So I'll probably follow my own cautious ways, especially since I know I am still PNG in a few other forums around the web.
But, occlith, thanks for your hopeful and peaceful attitude. I do really appreciate it. Maybe some day. :flowers:

I don't know about everyone else, but I find this absolutely riveting, it is something straight out of Gatsby with a Palahniuk twist. Fine dressed people discussing books, Aqua asking what to do with his book collection, Peder killing threads, Beer Good and I throwing cheese and crackers at one another, Litany tossing wine in the face of the moderators, sparkchaser cursing at her, and occlith asking everyone to please follow the forum guidelines, please just follow the guidelines, oh my God, no one is following the guidelines!, Now people I'm really serious about the guidlines!, we have rules you know, I'm serious this time!; and all the while, the world as we know it will just cease to be. Oh the mayhem!

I cursed at Litany?

Yeah, but what about the rules concerning Peder's thread killing? I mean, you guys are just going to let that slide?

Is this about the whole thread? Peder did say he was interested in hearing what people had to say.

We are being called blind now too.People never grow out of their childlike behavior:rolleyes:

Well, this is certainly far from the original topic for this thread, but I certainly intend to abide by the community rules, being mainly interested in listening to hear what anyone has to say now that the question has come up. But it is your call Occlith.

I just want to say that I never throw cheese at anyone. Throwing around The Sacred Food like that is unthinkable.

there are some harsh words lingering out there about past events, by participants who have not yet posted. People have drifted away, and started frying other fish,

You should post more, your input is very much needed here. If ugliness returns, it can be reported, or dealt with by certain members who have no qualms about calling a spade a spade within the forum guidelines.

You should post more, your input is very much needed here. If ugliness returns, it can be reported, or dealt with by certain members who have no qualms about calling a spade a spade within the forum guidelines.

Well, Scott, ugliness is a good word for it. But I really have lost my taste for being caught in the middle of it, and I am trying to cultivate BAR at least as one last forum where I can live in peace. Second, I don't feel too guilty about my relative silence, because I do think the forum can do fine without my frequent input. This, for example, is one of few book forums that can and does maintain active and continuing BOTM discussions, and without my input; others have trouble doing that, or don't even try. So all is not bleak; BAR is doing something right and the continuous string of BOTM discussions is a genuine accomplishment by the mods and the contributors. :flowers:

Someone else?

Hey Charles, you ever read The Brothers Karamazov?:whistling:

No. Anna Karenina and Crime and Punishment were my two goes at the biggies of Russian literature -- long ago. :)
War and Peace and Brothers Karamazov still way way down on my TBR stack.

I think we're all supposed to stop replying and then his will be the last post and then he can officially claim to be a killer of threads.

He might be waiting for someone specific to reply.

*Wine,cheese and green grapes*:blush:yum.

Just wanting to make sure that everyone has had their chance for a free shot.
Three bumps with no response and it will belong to the ages.
No sinister intent at all.
Anyone?
:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back