• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Peder kills discussions? DISCUSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peder

Just one man's opinion, but the number of "discussers" here seems to be decliniing and at an all time low. I remember livelier times. :cool:

Well, this is certainly far from the original topic for this thread, but I certainly intend to abide by the community rules, being mainly interested in listening to hear what anyone has to say now that the question has come up. But it is your call Occlith.

Peder kills discussions...DISCUSS!

being mainly interested in listening to hear what anyone has to say now that the question has come up. But it is your call Occlith.

Well Peder wants to know, so I made this thread. It may yanked off the forum as being inappropriate so if you have anything to say to Peder do so here and now and keep it off the rest of the forum.

Is Peder really a discussion killer? Is killer too strong a word? Perhaps crippler is a better term??

This is an offshoot of this thread. Please be civil and follow the community rules.

:whistling:

I don't post a whole lot, but I do read a lot of the threads and I don't think Peder is a conversation-killer.:)

I like how you broke this out into its own separate discussion, Occlith.

I think if I said "Peder makes statements with at least three different interpretations" that it would be a fairly accurate statement. I know that I don't know how to read some of his posts so I leave well enough alone and don't post so in that respect, yeah discussion "killer". Or perhaps "crippler". That's remedied easily enough by just not being vague.

I, myself, killed discussion on BAR forum?!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to believe.
What makes you think so. :confused:

Yes you did, by posting on some topic and all you manage to say is that you don't know anything about it or you make some vague comment to which no-one but you knows how to reply. Hence the discussion, however lively it may have been, dies out.

sparkchaser :
I think if I said "Peder makes statements with at least three different interpretations" that it would be a fairly accurate statement.
I know!, it's like having William James as a member of the forum, it's just crazy. You read a post and then you think, "alright, this is what he means." You read it again, and then you have no idea what in the hell he really meant. I think the humor is what throws people off. Personally, I love his posts in that regard.

I really don't see what the big deal here is. I've never once thought Peder ever "killed" a conversation and if you do, I would venture to guess that's a "you" problem. Granted, I haven't been around for as long as most of you guys, but seriously, and speaking for the thread in question, if what he said "killed" the thread for you, it's because you allowed yourself to be affected in such a way. I wonder what other message boards you frequent in which his "behavior" would warrant this sort of question or attention.

Confusing thread is confusing.

Peder, if indeed that is your real name, when you walk into a noisy pub or lively party, does all conversation cease? Have you ever stopped a heated debate merely by clearing your throat and saying 'Well, in my opinion...'? Do people on tv chat shows stop arguing over who is the baby daddy and stare out of the screen with blank faces as soon as you turn on the telly?

Perhaps you need to make more posts that consist of only a single word and a smiley, they seem to go down well. Or just post links to random news articles along with a clipped out chunk of the text, the modern alternative to original thought.

I have no opinion because my face has been buried in math books for 2 semesters and I haven't been here. Maybe it's me that is the conversation/thread killer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back