• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pencil

-Carlos-

Do you prefer to use a regular wooden pencil or a mechanical plastic pencil?

Can you tell I'm bored??

Yes, I can tell.

Do you mean those pencils that you click on the end to produce more lead? Because I was always a smart-arse with those and would click click click click click click click then put it on the page and SNAP.

Wooden for me, but they do taste funny and tend to leave splinters in the gums.

Do you prefer to use a regular wooden pencil or a mechanical plastic pencil?

Can you tell I'm bored??

I guess you're not the only one bored here. For me, I have to study for my final exams, but thesedays I'm getting bored quickly and wasting my time here and there...:eek:

What about your job? Aren't you working or something...or I'll tell you what to do, go read something ;)

and yeah, I prefer mechanical plastic pencils that you click on the end to produce more lead... ;)

I do freelance work so time is my friend- at least it is lately. I also suffer from insomnia, grrrrr. Regarding the reading, I was just reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road and got tired of the dark story line...so I turned on my computer and created this brillant thread. :p

I do freelance work so time is my friend- at least it is lately. I also suffer from insomnia, grrrrr. Regarding the reading, I was just reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road and got tired of the dark story line...so I turned on my computer and created this brillant thread. :p

Insomnia, tell me about it! Thesedays my sleeping pattern is so screwed up. Also, I can't read anything now, cause everytime I think of opening a book, I remind myself I need to study my textbooks!! :eek:

BTW, it is an amazing thread, just give it more time :p

Insomnia, tell me about it! Thesedays my sleeping pattern is so screwed up. Also, I can't read anything now, cause everytime I think of opening a book, I remind myself I need to study my textbooks!! :eek:

BTW, it is an amazing thread, just give it more time :p
you could be responding to your messages:rolleyes:

btw Aqua....award-winning I am sure. And I prefer wooden ones.

Mechanical. And I could go into a long-winded rant on how and why, but I doubt this really needs that, considering how wonderful this thread is.

I'm a fan of the wooden ones. I like the way they smell... It can be irritating to use them because you have to sharpen them every so often, but I like the feel of it in my hand better than the plastic.

And I give this thread 5 stars.

I like Ticonderoga Mirado Black Warriors. They have better leads and the erasers don't smudge like cheapo pencils. The yellow Ticonderogas are nice too, but the black ones are much better. My kids and dh like mechanical pencils but I'm challenged with them..the leads keep pushing up whenever I write with them.

They're giving away pencils in Waterstones. Wooden ones with little erasers on the end. They're advertising something, but I can't remember what. All I care about is getting a free pencil.

They're giving away pencils in Waterstones. Wooden ones with little erasers on the end. They're advertising something, but I can't remember what. All I care about is getting a free pencil.

Get a bunch, give one of them and we'll sell the others :D

One of the best reasons to go to the State Fair is for the free pencils. Gawking at sheep and cattle is fine for some, but fork over the freebies if you want the ABC family to be happy campers:cool:

regular non-plastic pencil. I'm retro white and nerdy in that regard.:D

I wonder if our prairie-tree starved upbringing has any bearing on this tiny little issue? I like the smell of wood. Plastic just doesn't do anything for me. Note: We DO have trees out here, just not in the ample quantities other regions enjoy..

I never posted my preference. I pick mechanical pencils. I buy a bag like this (below) when I need some lead.

07033090576.jpg

I prefer regular wooden pencils when I'm writing longhand, and I prefer two. One for the writing, one for gnawing on (they look like chew toys when I'm done with them, it's awesome).

I only use mechanical when my writing needs to be neat and legible--the invariably pointy tips always make the words seem puuuurteh.

I prefer regular wooden pencils when I'm writing longhand, and I prefer two. One for the writing, one for gnawing on (they look like chew toys when I'm done with them, it's awesome).

I only use mechanical when my writing needs to be neat and legible--the invariably pointy tips always make the words seem puuuurteh.

Pencils as chew toys? I yell loudly when my kids do this! If they'd keep them to themselves, it wouldn't be so bad, but when I have to use one to help someone with their math...GRRRR!!!

I enjoy the mechanical pencils. I write really hard so the lead gets worn down really quick and I hate having to resharpen my pencils every few minutes. I'm really picky about how I use them though. They're quite cheap, but for some reason I feel this call to replace the lead instead of buying new pencils. So I get frustrated about people borrowing my pencils and then wearing the eraser down to a stub. Which doesn't make a lot of sense...but that's me.

Back