• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

people that can't read in cars>>>WIMPS?

I can read just fine in cars, but my hubby gets all pissy cause I'm not keeping him entertained while he drives. :(

Cars....

:) Loveeeee reading on long car journey but why does the other half chat twice as much soon as I pick my book up... grrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

I can only read for an hour 1/2 at the very most in a car. Then I need a 20 rest.

Wimp? Yeah, I agree!

How else should you pass a long car ride? I feel bad for people who can't read in cars. I'm the only one in my family that can do it, and without that ability, I would never be able to survive so much time in one car with 6 or more people. Yikes.

Well, I can read in cars and have done it for years. Of course, the dumbest thing I have seen is people (not many, thank goodness) who are trying to read while their driving.

VTChEwbecca said:
I get ill. It has nothing to do with being wimpy. I would love to be able to read in a vehicle.

I'm sure there's meant to be a way of getting round it. Like facing backwards with one leg behind you head or something. Seriously, I've read some tips on how to read and travel somewhere, and that means it must be true.

. . . plus the bonus topic, Eating while driving

I was behind a limo driver on a big thruway recently. He had the paper open on the steering wheel and was reading while he drove at 70 mph. Eating a sandwich at the same time, too. He wasn't no wimp, but I was wimp enough for both of us. I gave that fella a wide berth as he swerved from lane to lane. Ahhhh!!

Well, it wouldn't be fun if I didn't go a little off topic, so I will just mention that I read a recent survey of the most popular foods to EAT WHILE DRIVING!! Among them were:

fried chicken !!!! :eek:
chili
donuts
McDonald's anything
soup !!!!??? :confused:

The cops are really frustrated because there's no law against it, but it's causing a lot of accidents. They say it's as bad as DWI. (DWPO?? Driving While Pigging Out)

Wait till I crash into someone with a big hunk of chicken in one hand and grease all over the steering wheel . . . grrrrrr.

Soup?! That must get a bit messy. Eww. Actually I really don't understand that, where would you put the bowl?

Freya said:
Soup?! That must get a bit messy. Eww. Actually I really don't understand that, where would you put the bowl?

What about chili? What about a hunk of chicken? I mean, WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING? And now they're putting tvs in their cars to watch movies while driving. I think they oughta remove the passenger seats and put in a little kitchen.

Brainstorm:

"The Ford Galley. Never leave home without a lot to eat!! "

Are you tired of having to drive up to windows to ask for more food? Get the new Ford Galley, complete with a full fridge, microwave oven, drinks cabinet, icemaker, and hot plate to keep your soup from getting cold in tricky traffic. Plenty of room for snack storage. Free year's supply of microwavable turkey burgers. New lo-carb menu for dieting drivers.

I dunno - it's the soup, in a bowl on your lap, eaten with a spoon, slopping bits of it all over yourself and car, trying to change gears, negotiate corners, probably hold a conversation on the mobile... The soup seemed the most ridiculous.

i can read on the bus but not in a car. i think it's an inner ear thing or something

to say it's wimpy>>>idiotic?

Wimpy? No, I just don't enjoy the feeling of being nauseated, that's all. My younger daughter and I are both prone to motion-sickness. I even feel ill sometimes on curvy roads.

I can read for an hour or two. Then I've to stop because otherwise I would puke. I really hate that!!!! :mad:

I hate it when I don't have anything to read on a long car ride, I can't sleep in a car though.
I feel sorry for those who can't read in a car, a long ride with nothing to do but look at the scenery :eek:

Hay

hay82 said:
I hate it when I don't have anything to read on a long car ride, I can't sleep in a car though.
I feel sorry for those who can't read in a car, a long ride with nothing to do but look at the scenery :eek:

Hay

You learn to get really really good at daydreaming. I'm a pro. I do have to admit that I had no siblings to interupt my intricate daydreams, though. Whew!

Back