• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Hates. This is Room 101.

jaybe

Tell us your pet hates. We'll discuss and see whether they should go in.

Today mine's joggers, keep fitters and people who shower a lot. Have they not heard of deodorant?

I thought this was going to be about stuff my pet hates.

My pet is a dog. He hates when he's snorting around the floor and snorts up a bunch of his own shedded hair and starts to choke.

My pet hates when I put patchouli on a stuffed animal, tie it to a string, and make it move. He tries to kill it.

And my pet hates toffee. It's surprisingly sticky. He found out too late and was embarrassed.

Spanish Students, It is them rather than just the prominence of another language in my immediate vicinity. I have heard group of teens from Argentina talk on a few different occasions and they are not loud but oh lord Spanish!

People that walk out slowly grind to a halt while walking towards the door eventually standing in front of the door talking on their mobile.

Strangers in a near empty cinema who insist on sitting beside me, It’s such an obvious attempt to give off the impression we're together. Look pal the other 5 guys at the in the screen are in the same boat, don’t act befuddled when I ask you to move.

On the same lines as the cinema complaint, I hate when guys use the excuse of a crowd or line to rub up against you. Just because I'm small and female, doesn't mean I'm a public rubbing post. I stomp as hard as I can on those people's feet.

My dog hates when you tickle the little hairs between her toes when she's sleeping. Especially the hairs between the toes on her back feet. Quite a powerful kicking action she's got.

The dog also hates when I roll up a dish towel and rat-tail her behind, or the wife's behind, or the kids for that matter. She's just not fond of rat-tail dish towel action at all.

My dog hates larger more intimidating dogs. Especially at night when we're walking, but that doesn't stop her from growling and barking and trying to get into an altercation with the bigger meaner dog. Silly girl....

My dog hates it when I blow in her face. Its the very best way to get her to go away so I can give the cat a little attention now and then.

abecedarian said:
My dog hates it when I blow in her face. Its the very best way to get her to go away so I can give the cat a little attention now and then.
:D ABC! Love it! I've had many dogs in my life, but one I had years ago would just hate it and freak out totally if I'd blow in her face, but another one I had at the same time thought it was the best thing in the world, and would practically knock me over trying to lick me.

Cats....ah, now Cats.....Yes, says Mr. or Ms. Cat, I will sit on your lap, but at my discretion, and timetable, and don't try to shift me to get more comfortable! Its not your comfort that is important ya know! :rolleyes:

So much for the Pets pet peeves.............as for me, I would have to say any sort of deliberate rudeness really gets in my craw.

There are times when my dog decides to go scratching her own butt across someone elses lawn during our walks. She sits down in a very unlady-like position, hind legs splayed out at unnatural looking angles, front legs pulling her along, and a goofy combination look of relief and ecstacy.

She appears to get a little upset with me when I yank the leash causing the choker to tighten up and bring her out of this special little doggie bliss that she has going on.

There are advantages to having hands and arms. :eek:

Ronny said:
On the same lines as the cinema complaint, I hate when guys use the excuse of a crowd or line to rub up against you. Just because I'm small and female, doesn't mean I'm a public rubbing post. I stomp as hard as I can on those people's feet.

Sometimes a guy has no clue what it's like to be female. :eek:

I hate when other people's pets are in my yard. This one damn cat is getting the vinegar and water solution squirted at it five or six times a week.

I hate when people mask their shower inactivity with deodurants and perfumes. Just shower ya dirty jerk.

I hate people who bitch about being in poor physical condition then make fun of me for going to the gym.

And for good measure I hate just about everything else too.

ions said:
Sometimes a guy has no clue what it's like to be female. :eek:
And for good measure I hate just about everything else too.

The first is very true, in the ordinary scheme of things size alone is a factor in crowds. Thats something else I hate....bullies. :mad: But sharp heels and knees come in ever so handy.

The last reminds me of the saying...."I'm not prejudiced, I hate everybody."
:cool: :D

I hate it when people mispronounciate words or use them in the wrong context, especially when they are just using that word to try and show off. If you can't explain to another person what that word means, then just don't use it.

Ms. said:
Spanish Students, It is them rather than just the prominence of another language in my immediate vicinity. I have heard group of teens from Argentina talk on a few different occasions and they are not loud but oh lord Spanish!

People that walk out slowly grind to a halt while walking towards the door eventually standing in front of the door talking on their mobile.

Strangers in a near empty cinema who insist on sitting beside me, It’s such an obvious attempt to give off the impression we're together. Look pal the other 5 guys at the in the screen are in the same boat, don’t act befuddled when I ask you to move.
*makes mental note not to sit next to Ms. in cinema:p

ionsI hate when people mask their shower inactivity with deodurants and perfumes. Just shower ya dirty jerk.
I hate people who bitch about being in poor physical condition then make fun of me for going to the gym.

We appear to have a difference of opinion here. You are hating the people I love. I also spell deodorants in an alternative but more usual way to you.

Cell phones do no harm at all. The people who use them in public places do.
They stand there talking to their imaginary friends, ignoring the world around them.

Which goes into room 101, the phones or the users?

My dog has a very good sense of humor at least, though he does use too much Pucci Stinkaway after his shower. He's fussy like that.

Back