• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pet Hates. This is Room 101.

:p My dog hates it when I ignore him. He's a VERY Clingy Italian Greyhound (They aren't called Velcro dogs for nothing)

Sofia said:
I know a lady who pushes her dog IN a pram....and also carries it in a Snugli baby carrier.....talk about spoiled:D

Oh MY GOD, I have seen it and think it's the most ridiculous thing I have EVER witnessed! They are dogs for cryin' out loud, not babies!:eek:

Kenny Shovel said:

edit: oh, I also hate splashback from toiletbowls, obv...

But your dog likes toiletwater, right? I mean, if you had a dog it would. Dog soup.

Do you think it's more better to talk about what people hate or what dogs hate?

novella said:
But your dog likes toiletwater, right? I mean, if you had a dog it would. Dog soup.

...I don't have a dog, but I do have two toilets. Somewhere along the line I seem to have got things terribly wrong...

novella said:
Do you think it's more better to talk about what people hate or what dogs hate?

...I doubt there are any major differences between the two...although not having a dog I could be wrong...

If I had a dog I'm sure my 'pet hate' would be picking up the steaming shit off of the pavement with the bag on my hand; mind you it's probably quite a good hand warmer in your pocket on those cold winter mornings:eek:

blueboatdriver said:
If I had a dog I'm sure my 'pet hate' would be picking up the steaming shit off of the pavement with the bag on my hand; mind you it's probably quite a good hand warmer in your pocket on those cold winter mornings:eek:
…you think that owning a dog makes you incontinent? Do you have any empirical evidence to back this claim up?...

Sure, all the time you spend with your legs crossed out in the back yard waiting for them to hurry up and do their business, so you can get inside and do yours! :rolleyes:

blueboatdriver said:

I wouldn't worry about it - most dog owners in my town don't seem to worry about it either.

I hate people who don't use their blinkers. I hate that I can never match storage containers and lids when I'm packing food in a rush. I hate that I've been beating the cement slab in my yard with a sledge for two hours and I haven't gotten more than a few feet of it broken up.

Motokid said:
There are times when my dog decides to go scratching her own butt across someone elses lawn during our walks. She sits down in a very unlady-like position, hind legs splayed out at unnatural looking angles, front legs pulling her along, and a goofy combination look of relief and ecstacy.

She appears to get a little upset with me when I yank the leash causing the choker to tighten up and bring her out of this special little doggie bliss that she has going on.

Totally off topic, but... your dog is probably doing this because her anal glands are blocked. They need to be expressed. It is quite gross to do, but your vet will probbaly do it for less than $10.

mehastings said:
your vet will probbaly do it for less than $10.

I have friends with pets and from what I've heard, the vets in the UK won't even answer their phone for $10 or pounds, or whatever ........:(

That's given me another - VETS

Greedy and arrogant or too charming to be trusted. Pets aren't keen on them either.

StillILearn said:
I have a relative who always says "pacific" instead of "specific'. I've tried to explain a thousand times -- in a peaceful manner, of course.
That's one that I always hear, and which always annoys me. Others are "nused" instead of "used", "free" instead of "three", and "would of" instead of "would have".

I have to agree with the person who mentioned drivers who drive right on your bumper, especially when you're not the person who is driving slow. It just makes me go slower to piss them off.

My pet hate...

When in a car or something, and it slowly rolls backwards..really slowly. It drives me INSANE! My mum always does it!

Lani

I hate people who pretend they know everything and clearly have no idea what is coming out of their mouths. It irritates the hell out of me. If they don't know what they're talking about, they should keep their mouths shut and stop looking like a pack of sniveling idiots. GRR!
Er...other than that, I hate netspeak other than an occasional "LOL" or "OMG", people who don't capitalize, spell, and use punctuation correctly, and those very annoying people who come up to me when I least expect it and ask me if I'm "saved" in their definition of it.

mehastings said:
Totally off topic, but... your dog is probably doing this because her anal glands are blocked. They need to be expressed. It is quite gross to do, but your vet will probbaly do it for less than $10.

Moto was told by the dog whisperer that he should let his dog express herself.

OK. I have two new ones: I hate it when you're entering a cashier area through the "line enters here" place and someone squeezes between the displays to cut in front of you. This happened to me tonight at B&N and the cashier made her get behind me. HA!

I also hate that my "outdoor thermometer" purports to work through concrete walls, but won't transmit through a door and a wood floor from my wine cellar to my living room.

StillILearn said:

:D

StillILearn said:
All kidding aside, its a serious problem, and if left unattended or done incorrectly can lead to terrible infections.
I've always had dogs, and will do quite a few procedures myself, but not that. The vet does it, and I know its correctly done.

Back