• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pizza - 'nuff said

pizza hut pan (aka thick crust) with pepperoni & pineapple and lots and lots of crushed red pepper is my preference.

love pepperoni pizza with garlic salt and lots and lots of crushed red pepper - my other choice... like this option anywhere.

Tasmanian pizza is nasty... they put cheese all over the top of everything. However, they have a pizza called the Aussie and it has eggs on it. Never really thought of that before but I found it tasty, believe it or not. I like those trendoid vegie pizzas they have going on with kidney beans and artichoke hearts and feta , etc. Yummy!

A Pizza Hut Hot and Spicy pizza with bar-be-que sauce on the bottom and no meat is fantastic! Mmmmmmmm. Thin crust.

"since I cut sugar out of my diet, the only pizzas I eat are those amy's organic frozen pizzas."

I'm curious bobby,

I can understand somebody cutting manufactured, processed sugar out, but are you also talking about the natural sugars you get from fruits and such?

Is the problem with pizza the sugars in the sauce from the tomatoes or added sugars? I make my own pizza quite often and the only sugar I might add is to cut the acid in the tomato sause depending on the quality of tomatoes I can use at the time. But quite often I don't add any processed sugar at all.

From your research where's the glut of the sugar in pizza?

"kidney beans and artichoke hearts"

Ummmmm, speaking as a born and raised American....I don't know what that is, but I do know that that's not pizza.... :confused:

look, these artie-choking thing-a-ma-bobs.....chriminy...the next thing we'll hear is somebody likes them there asparigrass doohickies on their pie....

where's my baseball hat that holds two cans of beer and my chewin' tobaccie....

Motokid said:
What's the best store bought, frozen pizza?

I like Digorno's.

But I much prefer to make my own.

time consuming, though, letting the dough rise, and all that, but definitely worth it! And then I can put as many pounds of artery clogging cheese and pepperoni on it as I want!

little pools of orange grease on top of the cheese! OMG, that's almost like sex!

I have had pizza from nearly every chain and local place everywhere I have been.

I have got to give it to the New Yorkers... They have the best damn pizza on the friggin' planet!

NY/NJ pizza is in a class of it's own. You would throw rocks at the pizza hut, and slash the Domino's guy's tires after having pizza from up there.

Just my humble, but accurate, opinion!

Closest to it I have found in a chain is "Sbarros". We have a local place here called "Padrinos" which is close, too.

:D

I make my own too. Kneading the dough is good arm exercise! Plus it's a lesson in delayed gratification. :D

Frozen-I like Di Giorno's too. Pizza Hut is good for takeout.

Get a bread machine....drop the ingredients in, push a button....presto....dough ball just waiting for sause, cheeze, mushrooms, tomato slices, and the oven....

But every now and then a frozen pie is the bomb....late at night munchies....

Miss Shelf said:
Pizza Hut is good for takeout.

Pizza Hut was okay once, sort of, but about 12 years ago, I think they changed their sauce. It is way too sweet, and they put way too much on. Their crust is greasy. They do all the stupid crap like "stuffed crust" and twist-a-crust or whatever, because they don't know how to make pizza. The only redeeming quality of Pizza Hut is that some of them serve beer.

:D

Motokid said:
Get a bread machine....drop the ingredients in, push a button....presto....dough ball just waiting for sause, cheeze, mushrooms, tomato slices, and the oven....

But every now and then a frozen pie is the bomb....late at night munchies....

I truly think it tastes better if you knead the dough yourself, and wait for it to proof, and rest. Figure a couple or three hours for the dough. Maybe it is just the satifsaction, but I really believe it tastes better than "bread machine" dough.

Some of the New York Pizza myth is the water.....

I have trouble making the pizza crust real thin at home without it getting holes in it....anybody able to make real home made thin crust? Secrets...?

I have to admit my mouth is watering after reading the posts in this thread and there isn't a slice of anything I wouldn't love. But the all-time greatest pizza eating experience for me was deep dish(?) Chicago-style pizza, made fresh in Chicago and eaten at the original Uno's (in Chicago). They are franchised now and use pre-prepared frozen pizzas which are heated, but the real gold is still in Chicago. Fillings or toppings? Pepperoni and/or anchovies, followed by sausage and chorizos in a tie. But I'll try anything. /rubbing-tummy smiley goes here/

Peder

Back