• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pizza - 'nuff said

We always get the take and bake pizzas from Papa Murphy's, my son likes to watch them put everything on and he likes the pineapple, canadian bacon & extra cheese pizza.

clueless said:
The Portuguese spelling is chouriço and yes, they are the same thing

You're right, I left the "u" out. May account for the confusion. That's what I get for posting here when I belong in bed.

They really aren't the same thing though, at least not in SE Mass & Rhode Island. Trying to think of how to explain the difference... I'd say chourico has more flavor to it. It's really great ground on a pizza or sliced in a bun with peppers and onions.

Motokid said:
There used to be a place near where I worked once in Elkton, Maryland that made breakfast pizza. It was a pizza crust with a layer of scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage mixed in and cooked like that. I can't remember if there was any kind of tomato sause or not. All I remember was thinking it sounded kind of nasty, but it tasted so damn good that now I long for it. The place is no longer in business and I don't know of any other place that makes such a thing.

ummmm......pizza.....I am so hungry....damn you motokid...

I don't know if you get the "Schwann Guy" near you. He's a frozen food delivery person that comes to my house and wakes me up (grumble...should still be in bed...) every Wednesday (I think he just likes my PJs). He carries them and you can cook them yourself in the oven. No tomato sauce.

Edited for bad grammar

Had a pizza tonight funnily enough. Home delivery from Dominos

Light cheese, tomato, onion, fresh tomatoes, green peppers and jalepeno peppers :) Lovely

Pizzas became popular back home much later than in other countries. You used to be able to find them only in Italian restaurants, so I did not have a favourite outlet. I have no idea what do they put on them these days.

At home, I prefer to use focaccia bread or something like that as a base, then pile it up with whatever takes my fancy at the time. I tend to put too many toppings on them, so people really have trouble trying to hold a slice. Not good as a TV dinner!

Ice and I found a little roadside Pizza place when we were in Rome, just down the road from our hotel, it was fantastic!!

My favorite pizza - thin crust, tomato sauce with basil in it (gives it a much better taste), pepperoni and various other meats ... but especially pepperoni :) I never used to eat melted cheese, but now I dont mind it so much.

Phil :)

i usually make my own too. i cheat though. i take a peice of pocket pita, get it wet on both sides, top with pesto, chicken, mushrooms, feta and a little mozerrella and then bake on a high temp, 450ish until the cheese melts. fantastic. crisp crust, very tasty. you can use tomato sauce too. and anything you want on it. these are way faster than any frozen pizza and really healthy.

ooooh, that sounds good!

i cheat too. i don't make the crust from scratch or anything. i buy one of those frozen crusts, top it with pizza sauce, green peppers, onions, and lots of cheese, and pop it in the oven for ten minutes. i might try making my own crust if it doesn't take too long or it's not too difficult to make.

forgot to mention it is very important to place directly on the rack. so you have to stand there and watch it as it cooks very quickly. yum, i'm making pizza for lunch.

oh yes absolutely. i will use leftover chicken or just grill a single piece of breast and then slice it. one breast is usually enough for 4 pizza's.

No like sauce?

That's too bad. Rules out spaghetti, stuffed shells, lasagna, stromboli,.....lots of Italian food.....yum yum....

What about ketchup, or catsup depending on brand?

Is it just tomato based sauces you don't like?

i know to hate sauce is a pretty bold statement. i mean what about all the sweet sauces, caramel, chocolate, fruit, syrup. and then there's sweet and sour, gravy, tartar sauce my god i love that stuff.
and in canada we say someone is sauced, implying drunk out of their minds, so does it included being sauced which is not a bad way to spend a day.

I've been meaning to post here for a while. Almost nothing beats a pizza and a mountain dew at night.

Favorite Pies

Local:
Dave's Darkhorse Tavern's Chicago Style pizza. It takes 45 minutes to cook because it has crust on top and bottom, and it's guts are stuffed with sauce and toppings. Since it takes so long to cook, they bring you cheese sticks for appetizers. Aw. I could eat one even though I just ate. Not really. I usually can't eat more than two slices. They're huge.

Commercial:
Pizza Hut Thick or Thin Crust, depending on my mood. Meat lover is my favorite, but I'll take anything. Don't forget the cheese sticks and throw in extra sauce. Go to their lunch buffet and get the desert pizza. Mmm. Pizza cobbler.
Domino's Thin Crust. I refer to their thin crust as cracker pizza. Different, but good.

I'm such a food-a-holic.

Back