• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

planet X

lies said:
What happened to the planet X they talked about a few years (?) ago?
It was brushed off as another small rock floating out beyond Pluto... and about half the size. There's a dozen or so.

I remember some talk of a "Planet X" when I was in elementary school (25+ years ago? jesus.) Then it just went away.

Kind of like the metric system.

The theory of a Planet X keeps jumping in and out of the news. I also remember a Planet X mentioned when I was in school... fifteen years ago?

This "new" Planet X found by NASA scientists is estimated to be 1.5 times larger than Pluto, so still it is small... not the multi-earth size estimated for this Niburu Planet X.

After some quick geeky research and a hundred pop-up advertisements later, I found some numbnuts theorize that 4.7 billion years ago, due to Niburu's strange orbit, that Planet X crashed into earth, creating three things: 1) The earth to become half a planet (which would explain Pangea (or however the hell it's spelled)); 2) The moon (a fragment of earth); and 3) The asteroid belt just outside earth's rotation around the sun (little left-over pieces of the earth/niburu collision. So... after the earth repared itself and became spherical again, the plate techtonics (sp?) moved continents around, and here we are.

I have a difficult time believing two planets could collide... especially with all this gravity/time-warp shit in our universe.

see, that's funny because I read somewhere that the moon was not really formed by a collision, but is a spaceship towed here by aliens. the proof is unbelievable. they have stuff from nasa that talks about how the moon is hollow.

bobbyburns said:
see, that's funny because I read somewhere that the moon was not really formed by a collision, but is a spaceship towed here by aliens. the proof is unbelievable. they have stuff from nasa that talks about how the moon is hollow.
It's actually a deathstar; the cheesy look is just a cover.

I love this! Plant X isn't a fake, it's just a matter of a bunch of squabbling sciencetists to agree on whether it's actually a planet or not. Their still fighting over whether Pluto is actually a planet.

Robert said:
a bunch of squabbling sciencetists ..still fighting over whether Pluto is actually a planet.
Literally fighting, as in throwing beakers at each other?

Edit: Obviously I mean this kind of beaker:
beaksold.jpg

not this:
beaker.gif

And then there's this fellow named Quaoar, which is a little beyond Pluto:

hf_quaoar_021004_01.jpg

some actual scientists said:
A newfound frozen world beyond the recognized nine planets of Earth's solar system is the largest object discovered since Pluto was spotted in 1930. Its discovery raises the prospects that yet another object as big or perhaps larger than Pluto might lurk out there.

The rock is about half Pluto's size. It orbits the Sun every 288 years, mostly beyond Pluto's orbit.

At 4 billion miles (6.5 billion kilometers) from the Sun, it is the most distant thing in the solar system photographed by an optical telescope. Its discovery will expand knowledge of the faraway sea of icy rocks in which it resides, astronomers said today

What size constitutes whether or not something is a planet or just a large chunk of ice? Here's some size comparison for you:

h_quaoar_compare_02.jpg

Is Pluto even a planet?

bobbyburns said:
what if the planet X people are right and we have to prepare for their coming?
Then we all sit back with our warm glasses of poisoned Kool-Aid, and wait...

so, anyway, planet X is the original topic for this thread, so let's try to get this back on track. does anyone have any definitive scientific proof that planet X doesn't exist? I'd be interested in seeing it.

bobby

jenngorham said:
not me, i have my tinfoil hat on as we speak.

Signs-Great movie!. Gotta love Mel Gibson. Scary movie 3 did a great play on that one and Eminem's movie. :D

Back