• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Plans for the weekend?

I'm going down to Stratford-upon-Avon to see an RSC production of Macbeth, and then moving on to Cheltenham and the 50th birthday of a friend of my parents. Rather more appealing than the drudgery of last week, it has to be said.

Themistocles said:
I'm going down to Stratford-upon-Avon to see an RSC production of Macbeth, and then moving on to Cheltenham and the 50th birthday of a friend of my parents. Rather more appealing than the drudgery of last week, it has to be said.
Wow, that's where my PistonFest is taking place, I'm sure we'll pass one another, but not know it!

Themistocles said:

Not been there for years! Stratford that is. Damn I'm really annoyed now trying to remember the plays we went to see :mad:

Clean house on Friday. BBQ on Saturday. Lunch with Mom on Sunday (it's her birthday.) Another BBQ Sunday night. Off on Monday - recovery time!

wedding on Saturday (I'm not in this one...whew!), bookfair then horseshoes with my parents on Sunday, then my husband and I have monday off to just chill...

I'm off to Cornwall today for a long weekend. Back on Monday, with all the fudge in the world.

Been to Stratford last couple of year ago. It is lovely place. Went to Shakespeare place whic was interesting to look around. Litany, enjoy your weekend and have pleasure to gobble the fudge.
About my weekend, today is my chill out. Tomorrow I have to clean my room and ironing my clothes which I neglect recent!! Then I will go to my collegue's house for BBQ party. This Sunday I will go to cinema again to see Harry Potter with subtitles :D

Freya said:
Not been there for years! Stratford that is. Damn I'm really annoyed now trying to remember the plays we went to see :mad:

I've seen Twelfth Night (can't really remember it), Much Ado About Nothing (very funny [despite being a Shakespeare comedy] and excellently cast) and Hamlet (simply wonderful, with an eery, minimalist set and immensely powerful acting) at the RSC. It's something my family does about once a year when we're all free.

My friend reliably informs me we went to Much Ado - but unfortunately that didn't jog my memory at all, so I don't know whether to believe her. And that doesn't account for the other two times we went. Oh well.

This weekend we're having a BBQ, I'm going shopping and... that's about it. Monday off work (Hooray!) I might try and book a hair cut too.

I am returned. Full of cream teas and fudge (malteser fudge, death by chocolate fudge, clotted cream fudge and butterscotch fudge, oh the fudge) we returned to the land of the sane this evening. We were jittery to say the least. And full of fantastic ideas. So on the way home we went looking at rabbits. And we accidentally bought two more. Monty and Monopoly they are. So now there are 6 rabbits sharing the flat with us, but the idiocy of the situation probably won't hit me until the sugar rush wears off, and with all the fudge we bought I don't think it will be happening any time soon. :D

WoW! What a weekend. 400 cars turned up to the Stratford airfield.
Only 5 or so of those were Porsche- the rest were TVRs a few Astons and lotus'. Everyone was enamoured by the Astons but I can't take them seriously, great cars though, they are...I see development ones regularly with funny widgets sticking out and weird gauges for emissions tests!
I got REALLY REALLY drunk on Friday night. I bought a Tent, and some acohol, including Port, wine and some cider. Everyone was so nice.

A band played at the Main Marquis/tent- and everyone was buying me drinks.
I got chatting to a nice, if oh-so-very-English girl called Emma. More vodka, more cider, I hadn't drunk this much since years past ( I'm a sad nerd after all).

Anyway, went off to the bushes to spend a penny ( I forgot there was a toilet around the corner), only my legs could no longer hold me up. I collapsed and ended up hurling. (The curry wasn't nice second time around!) I passed out and woke up on the prickly branches and rocks....

The rest of the we all paced ourselves better...
The National Hot rod assoc turned up and were racing down the strip deposting thick sections of rubber on the track. My Porsche was well behaved as usual, and some one took me out in their Bentley!

Here are some pics: Mainly of cars, mine is the second piccy!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=109757&f=93&h=0

Luckily none were taken of me!

marquis rex, i would like to thank you greatly for the link to those amazing pics! i wish so badly i was there. that wouldve been almost as good as my vac in vegas! i did see one car that may be a new fav of mine now.... that nice m42, or so. oh god, never seen or heard of it before, but boy i want one! why do i have to be poor why?

hey also, have you ever had a gander at the xj projects, err it was the new faux of the 60s, my fav of them would be a true blue 3 series, e type, i didnt know why, but i found out not too long ago, in like late 1970s the e type wasnt being produced aymore. too bad so sad, but they still made a hefty comeback with the xj s, not a looker but impressive inside, a quiet v12 engine, all the power as its grandpa.....whoo, talkin about this gives me a surge of adrenaline!

Wow, six rabbits, Litany?!? I'm impressed. I'm not sure I could handle the antics of six bunnies. :eek: You'll have to post pics of the new ones :)

Marquis - very cool pics. I'm glad you had a good time, in spite of passing out in a bunch of bushes. I have to say, the Astons make me drool, as well.

My plans for this past weekend were to wrap up a visit with in-laws in Montana after spending a couple of days in Yellowstone. Now I'm back home and have to go back to work tomorrow. :(

VTChEwbecca said:
Wow, six rabbits, Litany?!? I'm impressed. I'm not sure I could handle the antics of six bunnies. :eek: You'll have to post pics of the new ones :)
I'll have to do some photoshopping and get them sprawled out on the bonnets of Rex's car photos in some saucy shots. :D

Back