• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Please suggest fiction books about kiddnappings/abductions

Acorn

Hi all. I'm looking specificially for thriller/mystery/horror fiction books that are about a woman, NOT child, being kidnapped/abducted. Any suggestions are appreciated. I've looked at Amazon but wasn't having any luck looking for what I wanted.

The Girls He Adored, by Johnathan Nasaw. I think of this book each time someone mentions strawberry blonde hair.

I know a book that you can read that has all the thrills that you are looking for and leave you craving for more.

Stolen by Kelley Armstrong. (Bitten is the first novel, and should be read first, but Stolen is the one with the themes you specifically refer to).

imullens said:
I know a book that you can read that has all the thrills that you are looking for and leave you craving for more.

I hope it's not yours - I just read the sample chapter and it was terrible. :)

Stewart said:
imullens said:
I hope it's not yours - I just read the sample chapter and it was terrible. :)
I also pursued this sample chapter... and, uh.... yeah. Des is one bad muthafucka... "bad" meaning "terrible". Sorry.

Darkness Falls - Margaret Murphy :cool:

Body Double and The Girls He Adored gets the thumbs up from me too ;)

Well i'm sorry to hear STEWART & SIRMYK both feel that my work is bad after reading the first chapter and i must say everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :eek: Now i'm not going to stop my carrer just because two people who really have no idea what it is that they are talking about because they feel that my work is "BAD" as in "TERRIBLE" ( :) ) and i have no problem with that, but i have an idea, why don't you try to pick up a complete copy of the book and i ganruntee that you'll love what it is you're reading just like everyone else that have read a complete copy of the book and not just the first chapter :D . Unlike most people i don't need to speak for my work because it speaks for it's self and futhermore, "WHERE IS YOUR PUBLISHED NOVEL?" :confused: :D :cool: :rolleyes:

That last line was a joke that you took to heart. All i was saying is that everything isn't for everybody and i feel that my work isn't for you or Sirmyk

On the plus side, imullens, nice of you to return; your presence has the potential to suggest you may actually be interested in books in lieu of promoting your own novel.

I've responded to your PM and I hope you appreciate my feelings. :)

I did take the last line as a "last line of defence" instead of a joke, I must say.

Yes i've read your PM and yes i did appreciate your feelings. you made alot of good points, its just that my novel tells more than just a story, it bring to the forefront a apart of reality that the youth in urban america needs to hear that nobody want to talk about. This is what i do. I write about thing that nobody wants to talk about but i feel they need to be said if we are to ever get past the past and move on with our future. So yes i respect your PM and thank you for the advince. It was well received.

imullens said:
Well i'm sorry to hear STEWART & SIRMYK both feel that my work is bad after reading the first chapter and i must say everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :eek: Now i'm not going to stop my carrer just because two people who really have no idea what it is that they are talking about because they feel that my work is "BAD" as in "TERRIBLE" ( :) ) and i have no problem with that, but i have an idea, why don't you try to pick up a complete copy of the book and i ganruntee that you'll love what it is you're reading just like everyone else that have read a complete copy of the book and not just the first chapter :D . Unlike most people i don't need to speak for my work because it speaks for it's self and futhermore, "WHERE IS YOUR PUBLISHED NOVEL?" :confused: :D :cool: :rolleyes:
Wow... that's a lot of boldface and smilies you used there... Good job.

It's time for some line-by-line responses (sorry in advance for hijacking this thread, by the way):

imullens said:
Well i'm sorry to hear STEWART & SIRMYK both feel that my work is bad after reading the first chapter and i must say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I'm glad you are sorry, and I'm glad to see that you do realize that we are indeed entitled to opinions--I would hate to be deprived of that.

Now i'm not going to stop my carrer just because two people who really have no idea what it is that they are talking about because they feel that my work is "BAD" as in "TERRIBLE"
You should never stop a “carrer” based on the opinions of others. And that's rather "bold" of you to post that we "have no idea what it is that [we] are talking about". I'm not sure about Stewart (I'm sure he's surpassed me on these numbers), but I've read close to two thousand novels, both good and bad, and have written close to a million words of various fiction / nonfiction, both good and bad, and I have even published one of my works (novel), so I'm quite positive that I know some of what I am talking (posting) about, as I am sure (based on history) that Stewart knows what he is talking (posting) about. I would gladly share a link to my work here, but it would be removed by moderators (since self-promotion is faux pas on The Book Forum).

why don't you try to pick up a complete copy of the book and i ganruntee that you'll love what it is you're reading just like everyone else that have read a complete copy of the book and not just the first chapter :D . Unlike most people i don't need to speak for my work because it speaks for it's self
Based on the preview chapter of the book, I "ganruntee" that the book has already spoken for "it's self". And you have insulted every writer out there with your second remark in the quote above. But I am glad you put yourself above "those people".

WHERE IS YOUR PUBLISHED NOVEL?
This is not the ego / attitude you should place upon yourself if you expect to sell any copies of your work. It's (see how I used the apostrophe correctly here) somewhat childish.

P.S. I don't appreciate negative PMs (I'm sure you sent one to Stewart as well):

imullens via PM said:
My name is Ikish Mullens and yes i am the author of Mind Games: A Brick City Story Vol. 1, i've read the post you placed about my book and feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But in this case i've read your profile and can't seem to find a novel you've read that comes even close to my field so i can't take your critic seriously. My work speaks for itself and if you'd just go out and purchase a complete copy of the book i ganruntee that you'll want to read more and buy my follow up novel Mind Games V2: Vendetta. Out of all the time my novels been out you and Mr. Stewart were the only too bad reviews i've received and i respect that. The book you read reflect the life you knew as you grew up in your town, while mines reflect my childhood in the urban area of Newark, NJ. These novels are just the begining for me so sorry if it comes as a disappointment to you, but i don't have plans on stopping any time soon. As long as there are people out there who want to read my work i will write for them. Everything isn't for everybody and i believe this isn't for you. I mean who knows, maybe people won't even want to read your novel when you're done. Thats just something to think about next time you make an half statement before reading the coplete novel.
I'll let the PM speak for "it's self".

The PM was similar although it was slightly more personalised toward myself. I must admit that I find the spelling here to be deplorable and in no way an indication that the novel may be of any quality. The first two things I noted, from reading the sample chapter in question, were that the short form of a guy's name was included in the introduction of his name and the other was, if I remember correctly, a question incorrectly punctuated.

Stewart said:
The PM was similar although it was slightly more personalised toward myself. I must admit that I find the spelling here to be deplorable and in no way an indication that the novel may be of any quality. The first two things I noted, from reading the sample chapter in question, were that the short forum of a guy's name was included in the introduction of his name and the other was, if I remember correctly, a question incorrectly punctuated.
You are correct on both.

Kinda makes you want to go out and by his book, doesn't it? :cool:

Back