• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Pointless question time!

Can you

• Total voters
:(
My tongue only goes up down left and right! How useless am I!

But the rest of my family can ALL roll their tongues!

And it's genetic? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Kookamoor said:
I was asked for my talents! :D

don't pay any attention to him... he has already a wife, girlfriend AND a boyfriend who prefers his pink underwear with the cherries on it, so if you don't want to be number four in the list, you better run... like everybody else...

Not to get too off track, but I guess I should explain why the officer handcuffed me since Jenn asked.

It was a joke gone bad, my best friend was upset because her husband lied to her and was somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and I talked her into going down and taking his car (brand new & sporty) to see how long it took him to call us for a ride home. She couldn't drive a stick so I was dropped off to take the car and unfortnately he called it in as stolen about an hour later while I was still having fun racing around. No charges were filed, I got to scurry home a bit later with clean record intact.

I guess we can add Revenge & Grand Theft Auto to my talents...

What a thread!

I can roll and curl my tongue and have been known to tie cherry strings in knots without my hands.

But I am most proud of having learned to flip a lit ciggie in and out of my mouth.

cajunmama said:
Oh yeah, I forgot, I can do that, too.

Can you also do the one where you start by lightly grabbing your nose with your right hand and your right ear with your left hand, then switch so that you are grabbing your nose with your left hand and your left ear with your right hand?

I can do the "Mister Spock from Star Trek" greeting very easily. That's the one where you keep your index and middle finger together and move them apart from your ring and index finger, which you also keep together, to form a V shape (best way I can explain it, I'm afraid). It seems that you can either do this or you can't. Extremely pointless.

Renee said:
Can you also do the one where you start by lightly grabbing your nose with your right hand and your right ear with your left hand, then switch so that you are grabbing your nose with your left hand and your left ear with your right hand?

Oooh, that one takes some concentration!

Now i'm intrigued - I have a rather versatile tongue (well I can do everything on here except for touching my nose - it's not that long :p)

I've never tried to knot a cherry though.

Kookamoor said:
What? That you never tried the cherry knot thing?

yeah and i'm pretty sure that i can't do it, but how somebody said earlier, i have other talents which involve my tongue, but i'm sure that that wouldn't be allowed to describe... :p

Ice said:
I've never tried to knot a cherry though.

Its one of those things that only come up when you're at the bar and have had enough to drink that you are willing to drink things with cherries in them. If you aren't a big bar person it will probably never come up (ie not something people usually try to do at Friendly's).

Back