• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

post embarassing confessions

LOL. I don't like the new ones that have come out recently, though. I mean, Finding Nemo is alright and all, but it just doesn't have the depth of Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin. And is it just me, or is children's entertainment getting dumber and dumber? If I had kids, I would not have taken them to see the last five kid movies that have come out because they looked so stupid. They would do just fine with my old Disney movies. That's actually why I decided I wanted to read a lot--because my favorite princess was Belle and she loved libraries. And besides, you can look up to those characters a lot more easily than you can to newer inventions.

LOL. I don't like the new ones that have come out recently, though. I mean, Finding Nemo is alright and all, but it just doesn't have the depth of Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin. And is it just me, or is children's entertainment getting dumber and dumber? If I had kids, I would not have taken them to see the last five kid movies that have come out because they looked so stupid. They would do just fine with my old Disney movies. That's actually why I decided I wanted to read a lot--because my favorite princess was Belle and she loved libraries. And besides, you can look up to those characters a lot more easily than you can to newer inventions.

what I can't stand is the sequels to all those classic Disney movies...I mean, have you actually seen Cinderella 2?? 3???? :rolleyes:

what I can't stand is the sequels to all those classic Disney movies...I mean, have you actually seen Cinderella 2?? 3???? :rolleyes:

Well...in that case I have one...

I thought about buying Cinderella 3.

I hate those sequels too, but I like twisted Fairy Tales. I take it I was better off in not buying it.

poking fun.

I think that "poking fun" is very difficult to differentiate from "just being plain rude" when posting in a forum. You are a new member, and we haven't really gotten to know you yet. Please think a little harder before you "poke fun" at established members that haven't gotten to know your sense of humor yet.

All the sequels recently have been awful. I liked the Aladdin sequels alright. I mean, they weren't great, but they were decent. I didn't bother with the Cinderella sequel, but I did have the misfortune of seeing the sequel to Mulan. It...was...terrible. I don't have a problem with the idea of making sequels, but these are just excuses to get more money. Disney can afford to pay better writers.

Sometimes, in the car on long family vacations, I still play Pokemon. (I have this weird OCD where I can't stop playing it until I've beaten it, and I still haven't--eight years later)

I am also a binge eater.

Sometimes, in the car on long family vacations, I still play Pokemon. (I have this weird OCD where I can't stop playing it until I've beaten it, and I still haven't--eight years later)

I am also a binge eater.

Oh, only in the car on vacations eh? I seem to know differently...

...I watched cinderella 3 last night...:eek: but i was babysitting...so i had an excuse...(I am 18...)

my confession?

I watched the Barbie movie while babysitting a few weeks ago and enjoyed it...I think I actually learnt something from it...*sigh*

Lani

I watched the Barbie movie while babysitting a few weeks ago and enjoyed it...I think I actually learnt something from it...*sigh*

I'd have to admitt the same. I watched them and I didn't think they were half bad.

My embarassing confession, hmm . . . .

When friends or people I know ask me about classic books I have, I talk about them like I've read a ton of classics. But I haven't I just happen to know a lot about books. :eek:

(I wouldn't want the people I do this to to know, it would hurt my pride dearly, LOL)

AstelFire, that's nothing to be ashamed of! Grey hair is distinguishing.

I go for 3 or 4 days in row without leaving my house. Pathetic... I know.

Last night I had dream that I was in school again, but it was boarding school, and my whole family was there, and I heard a reliable rumor that a bunch of guys (short and dark haired with mustaches) were going to come in the night and kill us, and then I heard a car pulll up in the driveway. It was a late-model American car and the men who got out looked innocent, but then they went to the trunk and took out the shotguns (I was watching them from the jalosied window) and they came purposefully into the house. I had a choice: to run upstairs and warn everyone, including my son (most precious to me) or hide in the closet, so I hid in the closet, and I was holding it shut and leaning against all the uncomfortable shoes,then I realized that the main hoodlum would just shoot through the closet door and I would die and the shoes would also be ruined, so I knew that I made the wrong choice.

Novella, what are you snacking on before bed? :) .....and can you, ahem, shoot me the recipe? I sleep like a baby, hardly moving, and don't dream or don't remember them! Let's see, confessions...

Abecedarian, while you were watching Hee Haw, we were glued to Lawrence Welk!

Back