• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Presents

Freya said:
Good God - I bet they had to use a lot of wrapping paper too. Unless he meant a dolls house or something?
What a cruel world it must be for Martin to ask for a dolls house. In that case, Santa, I forgive you.

ds

SillyWabbit said:
Santa came down my chimney. I am thinking of suing him for sexual harassment!

As it happens, I was just discussing sophisticated humour with Ms I. Wilde. And suddenly you present me with a perfect example. It's worthy of me.
Thank you.
Billy O.

You'll never guess what I got... a bunch of Nora Roberts books. I know that bad children get lumps of coal, but I never thought anything could be worse. :(

I got The Robe and The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas. My copies were lost several years ago so it's like meeting old friends again. They made lousy movies though.

well i got 2 indian necklaces from my husband. thats all i got from him, :rolleyes:, oh well they are beautiful tho.oh i also got a nice loving poetic card, saying life is nice, with you as my wife, merry 2nd christmas honey, i love you... cant believe this was our second christmas toghether already!

what else: ok and i got a card from my sis and um, thats all.
i gave presents to 3 neighbors 2 friends and 5 of my family, but the only one who gave me something is my hubby. oh well. nobodies getting nothing next year except my man that is.
i spent 140 dollars this year! i try to only spend 100. next year will be cheaper for sure. :rolleyes:

lahondas said:
i gave presents to 3 neighbors 2 friends and 5 of my family, but the only one who gave me something is my hubby.

What miserable gits! :mad: And never mind all that "it's the thought that counts" rubbish, IMO it's only polite to buy someone a gift if they buy you one. Next year, spend your money on yourself Lahondas! :)

Hello everybody. I have returned from my parents thank the lord! lol

They gave me a few books, all that I asked for, but I stumbled upon my 13 year old brother's Sims 2 game at their house and I haven't stopped playing since I returned home with it!

i got some money for xmas, then i went to a beting place, and got myself some more money, which its pretty cool since its the first time i win something in years, and twice on a row ;) :D

my hubby bought me a new sewing machine - it's fantastic - and some books. also rec'd from relations a couple of very pretty rings, a massager and some other misc items.

I received several books, three jigsaw puzzles, two coffee mugs and a shirt from my children and husband. My in-laws gave my husband and I a large sum of money, which we will use to pay bills and start my business. The best thing was that it SNOWED!!!!!!! :eek: Understand this: It only snows here about once every 10-15 years and for it to happen on Christmas Day was really special. The worst thing I got for Christmas was sick. :( I tried to avoid it, but I eventually caught the illness the rest of my family had been passing around. It hit me later in the day, so I did enjoy the snow and time with my family. :)

I just spent all my christmas present money and gift certificates on the extended LOTR trilogy. I think that means I'm a geek.

Jenem said:
my hubby bought me a new sewing machine - it's fantastic
Sewing machine? Now that's an interesting present - do you sew your own clothes on occasion, or just light mending and stuff?

My wife does light sewing - ie. buttons, mends and the sort. Isn't this like some lost art or something? :)

ds

direstraits said:
Sewing machine? Now that's an interesting present - do you sew your own clothes on occasion, or just light mending and stuff?

My wife does light sewing - ie. buttons, mends and the sort. Isn't this like some lost art or something? :)

ds
i mend and also sew some clothes. when i can't find an item i am looking for in a store, i just make it. when my hubby has worn the knees and bottoms of his pants out, then i turn them into shorts for him. i also made a pretty fantastic hallowe'en costume this year (if i do say so myself :eek: ). the best thing about the sewing machine my hubby bought me is the programmed stitches.

LOL sewing is somewhat of a lost art. probably because fabric is so bloody expensive!

Ashlea said:
I just spent all my christmas present money and gift certificates on the extended LOTR trilogy. I think that means I'm a geek.

Nah, you just have good taste! :)

A sewing machine is a great idea! My boyfriend and I are looking for a small house to move into for next month. For Christmas our families gave us (well, me mostly) lots of things to help us get started. Tea towels, pots and pans, a baking set, even staple groceries and even a barbeque!!

Okay, this is going to sound a little strange, but my house is going to be completed pretty darn soon, and before long we can start talking about stuff to buy for our new place! I'm not sure if a sewing machine will get in the picture, but I'll ask.

Gosh I'm excited.

That is, until I see what moving actually will cost me.

Jenem said:
LOL sewing is somewhat of a lost art. probably because fabric is so bloody expensive!
Fabric's expensive? Now that's an excuse I don't hear often. :) It's like arcane spellcraft, sewing is. I'm glad as hell I don't have run around hollering for help whenever a button comes loose. :)

ds

Back