• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question Game

i have broken my tailbone (coccyx) - several times (in gym class, falling off a broken chair shortly after that first one and rebreaking it, during childbirth!, etc.)

i have broken my middle finger on my left hand most recently (six weeks ago and still healing) and i don't really understand how it broke, as i just bumped into something, obviously harder than i thought, when i was turning to go to the door and didn't realize there was something behind me. and a while back i broke my right wrist and my left foot pinky toe rough-housing with my soon-to-be-husband (over 12 years ago).

except for the childbirth part - all pretty stupid stuff!

oh, and i fractured my skill when i was around 11 and i was carrying a 5-year-old i was babysitting on my back and i was running uphill and i tripped and threw her into the grass to give her a soft landing, but couldn't catch myself in time and busted my head open. you can still feel the bump where the bones didn't heal right. thank God the little girl wasn't hurt. that was what i was worried about. it was my piano teacher's daughter and i always babysat her while she gave another student a lesson after me.

oh, i always forget my question! i'm running out of them! lol!

have you ever seen a play or musical on broadway or at the west end.

well it depends on the ocean, lake or river, as there are some that are beautiful and some that are downright nasty. however, give me the crystal-clear waters of the caribbean anyday. i love snorkeling and the fish are so much prettier and more diverse in the ocean.

do you like mexican food?

over the top - don't get me started on hanging behind (my husband drives me crazy doing that on purpose).

what is your favorite animal (this is especially to miss dvm)?

Umm... dogs!

How many unrolled rolls of toilet paper (single ply) would it take to get from here to the moon? C'mon didn't ya want to know that?

oh, good grief. i have no idea. we first got internet back when you basically had little choice. we started with prodigy (is here even still a company?). we switched providers so often when they started opening up new dot-coms that i just couldn't tell you all of them. i remember my first chat room experience, though. it was with a guy who called himself Satan! LOL! oh, and a few solicitations from dirty greasy nasty guys, which was really funny considering my dh was sitting with me (we were newlyweds) and telling me things to say back to them. we had a blast messing with them.

do you know how to surf?

lady.cordelia said:
do you know how to surf?

No. But I have nearly surfed. Not having surfed is especially tragic in my case since I live so close to the ocean.

Have you ever been skinny dipping?

tundra said:
No. But I have nearly surfed. Not having surfed is especially tragic in my case since I live so close to the ocean.

Have you ever been skinny dipping?

*blush* YES! ;)

have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?

Yes and it was the best thing I ever did. (kidding)

Have you ever done something so atrocious that it made you sick to your stomach and wanted to throw up. If so...details. :)

p.s. lady.cordelia, prodigy is still in business and some of my friends have email addresses on them.

well, the only thing that comes to mind where i did something that actually did make me throw up during and after was cleaning up the floor after my twins had both diarrhea and vomited all over the floor and it was everywhere - soaked their clothes, the floor, and it had a horrible odor (they had rotavirus, which creates a very distinct horrible odor unlike anything you have ever smelled) and as i was cleaning one proceeded to puke again on me. well, then i started puking. it was one great puke fest. i just cried and cried.

have you ever considering studying overseas?

lady.cordelia said:
have you ever considering studying overseas?

Not only did I consider it, I actually studied overseas at Cambridge during a study abroad.

Are you allergic to anything abnormal (and possibly had embarrassing reactions in front of other people)?

tundra said:
Not only did I consider it, I actually studied overseas at Cambridge during a study abroad.

Are you allergic to anything abnormal (and possibly had embarrassing reactions in front of other people)?

i figured as much from you. good for you!

well, i am allergic to latex. not necessarily embarrassing, but one bad situation was when i had to go to my ob/gyn and he forgot and used regular latex gloves and let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture. he felt awful that he had done that and i was in pain for days afterwards.

i'm allergic to certain types of cleaners and once my husband sprayed the ring of the toilet as a practical joke, so when i sat down i had a ring of hives. that was so evil.

which reminds me - do you have your annual physical???

lady.cordelia said:
well, i am allergic to latex. not necessarily embarrassing, but one bad situation was when i had to go to my ob/gyn and he forgot and used regular latex gloves and let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture. he felt awful that he had done that and i was in pain for days afterwards.

I think a latex allergy can be very embarrassing, especially when you're the only girl trapped in a van in the middle of nowhere with 10 college age european guys, and they misunderstand your reason for not wanting to disclose what you're allergic to when you say its embarrassing. They automatically assume you are allergic to latex and that you found it out at a most inopportune moment. And then they begin to laugh and so you decide you must clarify because the truth is actually less embarrassing than what they have assummed...

tundra said:
I think a latex allergy can be very embarrassing, especially when you're the only girl trapped in a van in the middle of nowhere with 10 college age european guys, and they misunderstand your reason for not wanting to disclose what you're allergic to when you say its embarrassing. They automatically assume you are allergic to latex and that you found it out at a most inopportune moment. And then they begin to laugh and so you decide you must clarify because the truth is actually less embarrassing than what they have assummed...

well, from what you say it sounds like you have been there, done that! ;) one time my husband and were at my family's house with the entire extended family (my sister's family and her husband's parents) and i needed a bandaid and i said to be careful that it didn't have latex. my BIL asked why and i told him i was allergic. He said, "well that explains all the kids." lol

AND HEY! You didn't answer my Question!

lady.cordelia said:
which reminds me - do you have your annual physical???

Uh..not exactly. I'm a student..I'm not supposed to eat balanced meals or have regular doc checkups. (the only thing I do get checked regularly are my teeth)

So..uh..how did you find out about the latex allergy? (Hehehe..I'm no better than the van of guys.)

tundra said:
Uh..not exactly. I'm a student..I'm not supposed to eat balanced meals or have regular doc checkups. (the only thing I do get checked regularly are my teeth)

So..uh..how did you find out about the latex allergy? (Hehehe..I'm no better than the van of guys.)

working at a hospital and using latex gloves all the time to deal with patient care i eventually started with just mild redness and irritation, sometimes a little itching. Then, I started getting hives and my skin would start to sluff off and it got really bad. And now it has gotten to a point where I can't be in a car full of latex balloons (found this out for a birthday party), because of the powder on them, as I was inhaling the latex unbenownst to me and ended up having trouble breathing and had to have an emergency breathing treatment.

so my ?, do you care about your health or are you just a blind, naive student? just go to a local clinic and get it overwith. it isn't that bad and it is so important!

(at least you take care of your teeth. i'll give you credit for that!)

nevermind my question, i just re-read your answer and you answered me in that.

so, for another question - hmmmmmmmmmm
what actor or actress or other celebrity of sorts (can even be politicians) would you like to meet - just one

Ok. Of course I care about my health. But there is no point in getting an annual physical. I am forced to go to the doctor annually to get my asthma prescription updated. What would they do differently at a physical that they don't do in a regular checkup? Make me run on a treadmill? I run enough as it is.

I can't think of a single celebrity/politician I would even remotely be interested in meeting. The only person I can think of is Britney Spears, solely for the purpose of telling her that my uncle thinks I look like her and calls me Britney and isn't that funny hahaha.

How old were you when you first kissed a boy?

Back