• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question Game

Vespertilio91 said:
I'll always remember the song The Devil Went Down To Georgia. (I don't know who sings it.) One of my dad's friends committed suicide when that song played on the radio. He was really cool and I liked him alot.

Less morbid. ^^
Umm...What's the stupidest thing you've ever done after losing a bet?

Charlie Daniels Band

Stupidest thing after losing a bet? Well, I've never really lost a bet. :D

What's your favorite color?

i would say memories. when i think of people with dementia and what they lose it is so sad. they can still do things, but they can't remember their wedding (sometimes), the birth of their children, all those special moments.

which brings me to answer another question above about books and music. although i love books, i love music more (but i'm a singer, too). also, they say that with dementia patients the one thing they can recall above all others is music. it has amazing properties - it can calm you, excite you, romance you, etc. it is amazing.

oh, and i forgot my ? again!

what is your earliest memory?

My earliest memory is of throwing up on the stairs in the middle of the night when I was really sick. My mother got up and gave me a bath. She must love me.

Do you have any rubik's cube solver algorithms memorized?

Do you have any rubik's cube solver algorithms memorized?
No.

Have you completed a rubik's cube without resorting to any kind of cheating?

SIL said:
How did you come up with this one, Gem? The answer is pretty obvious, but the question is not!
I had just been to visit my uncle (who i hadn't seen in 13years), he is suffering from a variety of illnesses and has lost good chunks of his memory. So it got me thinking, which obviously hurt, so I posted the question to lighten my own head :D .

Gem said:
Have you completed a rubik's cube without resorting to any kind of cheating?

I cannot possibly answer this until you define "cheat." If using an algorithm is cheating, than every single rubik's champion is a cheater. Or does cheating only include taking it apart or removing the stickers?

I cannot possibly answer this until you define "cheat." If using an algorithm is cheating, than every single rubik's champion is a cheater. Or does cheating only include taking it apart or removing the stickers?
:D you appear to take your rubiking seriously, we'll say only taking it apart or removing the stickers.

Gem said:
Do you get worried if you break a mirror/walk under a ladder/spill milk?
Not at all.

Have you ever been on one of those silly punting rides on the Cam where the guide started making stuff up about the buildings you pass?

i'm guessing this question is for gem, but wanted to say i didn't realize that the british version of punting wasn't the same as in america, so in HP when i read that filch had to punt people across the lake i invisioned him happily torturing them by putting them on some sort of device that would make them fly across the lake and land on their bums. lol

That question wasn't to Gem in particular. It is to anyone. lady.c--when you say punting in america..you mean punting a football, right (or should I say..american football)? I guess most people would answer my question about punting as "no." Well, I'll answer my own question then.

tundra said:
Have you ever been on one of those silly punting rides on the Cam where the guide started making stuff up about the buildings you pass?

No. I haven't either. This is because the Cam (which is a river that runs through Cambridge) punting people also give you a self-punt option, which is much cheaper and more fun. So I played the punt guide for my friends and made up my own story about what happened on the bridge of sighs and who founded Trinity College etc. Punting is especially fun when you get the stick stuck in the mud and have to row back to get it.

New question: Ever been nearly hit (or not nearly) by a car when you looked the wrong way on the road?

well, i haven't on the cam or any other that i can think of or remember, unless you count one bayou or another in louisiana when i would visit my relatives during holidays, but i don't even know the names of them.

and yes, i meant american football. LOL can you imagine someone "punting" you across a lake or river? LOL that's what i thought they were referring to the first time i read it in HP. quite a picture in my mind.

i'll ask a question now.

who is your favorite movie of all time?

tsk tsk. You can't ask a new question until you've answered the last one!

tundra said:
New question: Ever been nearly hit (or not nearly) by a car when you looked the wrong way on the road?

Unless..you didn't like my question. I shall proceed to sulk.

:p i didn't see that question. i thought i answered the one about punting! lol

i can't remember if i have, but last year one of my twins was nearly hit walking out from behind a van (without looking of course :rolleyes: ) and stepped right in front of a car that mercifully slammed on the brakes (we were leaving the library by the way). The driver got out and asked if she could talk to my daughter and I said certainly, as I had a few words for her myself. She told her about her own daughter who had been hit and lost the use of her hand and nearly died. She has looked both ways ever since.

you didn't answer my question now!

lady.cordelia said:
who is your favorite movie of all time?

This is a difficult question to answer. I love Anne of Green Gables..but I also love Northanger Abbey (but only because it's ridiculous). I can't choose.

If you could go back and change a decision you made sometime in life..what would it be (if there is one)?

tundra said:
If you could go back and change a decision you made sometime in life..what would it be (if there is one)?

I would have applied myself in high school. I was one of those that didn't make waves and who just coasted through. It was a social gala to me.

What bone(s) have you broken in your body and how did it occur?

Back