• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question Game

i am not sure..i sometimes talk myself right out of it and then otehr times, something unusual will occur or i am somewhere and get the serious shivers..... :eek:

dark chocolate or milk chocolate?

Any one that smells of coconut.

What would you do if a badger came to your house and tried to sell you a time share in a small easten european country where they dance every saturday with mice glued to their buttocks?

I would invest! Not in the time share, but in a pack of feral cats let loose in the area. And get paid behind-the-scenes from the resident doctor for booming his practice, which had been a little skimpy because the population had been so fit.

What's your method for dealing with annoying telemarketers?

@Wabbit: I would put down the crackpipe and check into rehab!

lovermuffin said:
What's your method for dealing with annoying telemarketers?

My most favorite of all methods, that I have employed more than once:

"May I speak with Mr. Eckert please?"

"One moment"

At this point, I set the phone down and wait until I hear the annoying "blant-blant-blant" that means the connection is no more. I actually timed one of these folks as having waited for 5 minutes! maybe I am keeping someone else from getting an annoying phone call?

To answer the last question although leckert I salute you for wasting their time with your tactics, I just put the phone down.

On the same front is there anything more annoying than a computerised telemarketer?

Let's face it we don't even want to talk to real people trying to sell us double glazing so why would we sit and listen to some recorded voice waffle on.

We live in a private community so it's not an issue. Door-to-door salesmen and evangelists are like vampires, they're only welcome if we invite them in.

Have you changed the way you do anything because it’s politically correct to do so?

One weekend when my wife was out I actually invited in a couple of Jehova's Witnesses and asked them if they knew anything about Satanism! (very true! they didn't stay long!)

I have stopped doing some things not because someone told me they were not "PC", but maybe because the PC movement (or, as I like to call it, "The Pussification of America") made me realize how insensitive I am. For example, I no longer toss my cigarette butts out of my truck window.

I no longer openly hunt spotted owls.

I have even stopped distributing my "Endangered Species" cookbook on Amazon.com

I no longer force my neighborhood children to fam-fire my 9mm before they can visit my daughter.

I no longer insist that visitors to my home wear "Hello I'm_______" badges declaring their religion. (i.e. "Hello, I'm Jewish", "Hello, I'm Baptist", etc.)

I haven't clubbed a seal in... gosh... weeks.

I have stopped swatting our secretary's ass when she walks by, and I haven't called her "tootse" in a long time.

What is the worst thing you have done only because someone told you not to do it?

I don't have the most interesting answer to the question, but I'll move the thread along...

I looked when someone told me not to. As in, "Don't look now, but..." The result was disappointing.

Are you a check-writer or a credit card-user? Or cash-only?

All kinds, I love hats and wear them often, I have many hats to match all my different coats :)

What is your favorite flower?

Germany, then France and Spain. "Crossing the Pond" is next on my life's "to do" list.

What place would you not visit on a dare?

The dentist, after they yanked my wisdom teeth I decided I really don't like them :(

What is the worst pain you have ever experienced?

Post 1,000!

Trying to walk after foot surgery.

What bookforum member would you most like to meet in person?

Back