• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

we sleep whenever they sleep :rofl

Truthfully you learn to function in a highly sleep deprived state. After parenthood you are imminently qualified to do anything while fast asleep.

I ride my bicycle to work and today I crashed, first day of hard rain after cycling in the sun, heading down the hill had no brake friction and had to choose between the railway track and the fence, shouldered the fence, ouch.

Delivered my Best Man Speech and I think it went well but as me and Beloved are on the cusp of separation I'm sleeping alone.

The World Cup began today and Brazil won against Croatia after the opening ceremony in a solid if hardly sparkling game of football. I can't think of any other World Cup that opened the scoreline with an own goal...Oh yes I can... Tom Boyd 1998 Scotland against Brazil!

Just checked the news Marcelo gets the 'honour' of scoring the first ever opening match own goal.

Tom's own goal was the last goal of his match.

USA/Portugal game, very dramatic. Portugal equalised in injury time but USA second in the group. Bring on Germany, USA have a german manager, interesting dynamic.

Kinda.

I moved at the end of May to a village outside of town and the cable installer came two weeks later, took one look and said he couldn't install internet/cable without a power outlet being located where the cable comes into the house and also that a cable needs to be installed from some point to another point (and that is not his job).

The landlady needs to get involved since this involves "construction".

Well, I now have a path to success. With a bit of luck, Chateau de Sparkchaser should have high speed intertubes end of next week, end of July at the latest.

Back