• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random happenings/thoughts

Bought my own place so me and Beloved will be heading different ways, weird.

I've got a book to read for when I move out/in, Raw Spirit by Iain Banks. End of one mode of living start of a new one, seems fitting.

We have a 53% chance of thunderstorms tonight. It always happens after the kids go to bed, sure to wake them up again! On the plus side, though, we need rain DESPERATELY!

Guardians of the Galaxy: to say that my expectations were exceeded would be an understatement.

It was pretty awesome. It opens here on the 28th and I am tempted to find an English screening and see it again.

Most of the books I've owned I have now got rid of, the main reason being space, the secondary reason the anticipated pleasure of filling a new bookcase. The ones I have left are a few classic OUP novels, Gene Wolfe's The Book of The New Sun which was a present from my Gran and my rather cumbersome Iain (M) Banks collection I seriously thought about replacing the hardbacks with paperbacks, how pointless.

This was the first Christmas in five years that I stayed home. It was glorious. So much so that I am going to do it next year too.

Sitting in an office full of women while they discuss the Fifty Shades of Grey movie... Getmeoutahere!

simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg

Visited my friendly bike reseller today and typically now that I'm in a position to buy a roadbike they're out of cheap builds. What they do have is the one I really, really like... Reynolds 501 frame, Campagnolo groupset, it's four times what I was going to pay but oh she's beautiful.

Maybe I'll ask them for a free cycle helmet..?

Back