• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Image Thread

The caption going around on Pinterest says, "Next time a telemarketer calls, hand the phone to a 3 year old and tell her it's Santa."

One of my coworkers has a friend that does that. Whenever a telemarketer calls his house he just hands the phone to his kid. :lol:

^^ I actually have that book. It's brilliant. You flip to "Arachnophobia" and a huge spider jumps out at you.

One of my coworkers has a friend that does that. Whenever a telemarketer calls his house he just hands the phone to his kid. :lol:

Two of my daughters would whip out their fake accents...they would either pretend not to speak English, or pull out their best BBC accents and say,Aloo this Libby, the downstairs maid, how may I direct your call?' They also did this to their first future brother inlaw, the introvert....I blame their day's genetics:innocent:

Yay! Advent calendar!

This one requires a bit of explanation. So here's the set-up:

The GAU-8 Avenger fires up to sixty one-pound bullets a second. It produces almost five tons of recoil force, which is crazy considering that it’s mounted in a type of plane (the A-10 “Warthog”) whose two engines produce only four tons of thrust each. If you put two of them in one aircraft, and fired both guns forward while opening up the throttle, the guns would win and you’d accelerate backward.

To put it another way: If I mounted a GAU-8 on my car, put the car in neutral, and started firing backward from a standstill, I would be breaking the interstate speed limit in less than three seconds.

awhat_if.xkcd.com_imgs_a_21_jetpack_speeding.png

Ah, elephants are robust. Bear in mind that that little guy weighs about as much as a couple of linebackers.

Back