• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Wait ... nerdy glasses? Tick. Lots of books? Tick. Spend a lot of time in front of the computer? Tick.

So am I a nerd? :D

Some would probably say so. I definitely was in school. Well, I ruined the curve for everyone else and always did all extra credit that was available.

Does loving to read automatically make you a nerd?

I think people who don't read for pleasure view those of us who do, as nerds. It is a way of diverting attention/blame shifting so they can feel better about not reading.

Is there one book you wish you could make everyone you know read?

The First Circle by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

Is there a book you wouldn't recommend to your worst enemy?

Sweet iced tea or Dr. Pepper, usually. We've found that Pizza Huts around here have the most awful tea, so it's either Dr. Pepper or bottled beer..which costs too much and makes us mad.

What do you drink with your TexMex food?

Several times. The last time was a short ride from Fremantle, Western Australia to Perth, Western Australia.

Same

Many, many times. I love the romance of train travel. A couple of years ago I drove 10 hours south just so I could put my car on a train and ride 17 hours north, all to drive 4 hours to a car meet and then drive 7 hours to the beach. Eventually I drove back home. I call them carcations. Believe it or not I had another car nut do it with me, it was her idea actually. Her car is much faster than mine, and she wrenches on it herself. Girls can be gearheads too. :)

Car on a boat, check. Car on a train, check. Now just to figure out how to get it on a plane...

Same.

Back