• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

That I actually own? The "special" AR. If I had my pick then a roof mounted M134D and a basement full of 7.62 ought to do the trick.

Strawberries or cherries?

If maraschino, then cherries. If not, strawberries. Probably.

I'd use my .30/30 on the zombies. :D

Go to the movies or rent the DVD and watch at home?

Buy the DVD and watch it at home. Or watch it on Netflix.

Best SciFi movie in recent memory?

District 9 was a great flick.

I'm not sure, as I am no sci-fi guru. But I'm a huge fan of Time Bandits. Not sure if that even counts. :p

Best Elvis song?

Chisum, The Searchers, Rooster Cogburn, Cahill, US Marshall or McClintock! I enjoyed the remake of True Grit so much more than I expected any one of the classic Wayne westerns would do. After thinking about it a bit, there are literally dozens of old movies from the 30's and 40's I'd be interested in seeing modern actors tackle. They are so much better at their trade now...would be wonderful to see how they would treat Gone With The Wind and the like.

In that vein, best spaghetti western?

Texas Across the River...fond memories of watching this with my dad, who died when I was ten.

Favorite John Wayne Movie? (I have two, McClintock-see reason above and Rio Bravo-Uncle's first wife was the tavern keeper's wife..)

Probably The Shootist. Him playing the old school gunslinger dying from digestive cancer...it took balls to do that. McClintock is a close second. That scene with him chasing O'Hara around town still makes me laugh every time.

Sticking with the western theme, Clint or John?

Clint, all day long. His spaghetti Westerns are to die for.

I agree on Rooster Cogburn - they can do such neat stuff today with film. Time to remake some more of the old classics.

Bonanza or Little House on the Prairie?

Bonanza. LHotP was a whiny girls show. In contrast, Little Joe was always getting into a fight or three.

Bonanza or The Rifleman?

I'm betting The Rifleman, although I'm too young to have seen many episodes.

If you could go back to the West and do anything, would you be a good guy or a bad guy?

Seneca medicine man. I'd like to see the early part of what would be the destruction of their world. I think it would be analogous to what would happen humans if aliens landed on Earth.

Buffalo hunter or corporate gold rusher?

If I were a hungry Indian? Hunter. I think that's pretty cool. Also, I'm one of those cats who just thinks it's straight out weird that we've assigned dollar figures to rocks.

You can become invisible completely. First thing you do?

Back