• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Now that's a great question. :D A Google search does reveal the source of my user name, however.

Occlith is a character in the short story "The Demon of the Flower" by Clark Ashton Smith. The story can be read on The Eldritch Dark, a site dedicated to Smith.

I don't know if Smith gave an actual definition to the word Occlith, but I interpret it thus --

occ- a prefix alluding to occult or occlude
lith - stone

which makes sense in the context of the story.

Either!

I'm Italian and gluten-intolerant; I'd give my left --- to have either! Occlith, I didn't find you with my search b/c I was only looking in dictionaries--I assumed that it was a real word b/c we use "-lith" in medicine at the end of various words (to mean "stone").

Spokes. Attaching cards is optional.

At this very moment, are you happy where you are or would you rather be elsewhere?

Elsewhere. I love my home, hate the state. I want to be in Oregon.

Do you have a favorite 'odd odor'? Ex: I like gasoline.

Do you have a favorite 'odd odor'? Ex: I like gasoline.

Mine is kind of like yours-the smell of gasoline and ethanol when running/driving by an ethanol plant.

For those who have broken a bone-what did you break and how did you break it?

To be honest, I don't know for certain that I broke my knee, but considering how hard I hit the pavement, and how it swelled, and how I couldn't walk properly for months...I'm sure I at least cracked it. Didn't go to the doc since I was pregnant and knew pain killers were out, and he would just bandage it, tell me to ice it and elevate it.That was 20 years ago. Even now, when I go to a certain library branch, I pay close attention to a certain spot next to the curb..And yes, I have arthritis in that knee, how did you know?

What surgeries have you had?

When I was young I was shaken real bad and got shaken baby syndrome. Drilled, shunted, then later drilled, removed. My head looks like a failed science experiment. Luckily, it didn't affect me mentally.

Now, where are my flippers, I have to got to the store.

Are you scared of the doc/dentist?

Not scared of either, but when I was little I would get a stomache ache when I realized we were on the way to the doctor; shots were always a very real threat, made tolerable only because the doc was so nice and he gave out suckers as a reward. I love my current dentist; I wish she lived next door so we could talk more.

Clowns: scary or funny?

I think he's pretty much covered almost every genre so he's fiction.

Worst fashion mistake you ever made?

Probably wearing parachute pants, Hawaiian shirts, Nike high-tops and knock-off Ray Ban sunglasses in the '80s.

Hey, I was a break dancer.

What is your favorite animal, wild or domestic?

Tough question...soooo many choices. I love Maned Wolves. First time I saw one at the zoo was about 20 years ago. It thought it was a joke! They looked like a character from Zoobilee Zoo. They look like gigantic foxes..on stilts.

Favorite bird?

Drats. Now I've to Google maned wolves. :D

I'm pretty plain, I guess, because I like robins. I grew up with 'em in CO.

One of your top five favorite bands?

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Chieftains, AndrewPeterson, DeDanaan, & The Hot Band(Emmylou Harris' early band)

Top five favorite female singers?

Back