• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Randomness! Yay!

ValkyrieRaven88

While I was running down the stairs a few minutes ago, eating a hot dog, it occured to be it is not a good idea to run and eat at the same time, as the increased breathing makes it terribly easy for a piece of hot dog to make its way into your windpipe. Thankfully, after coughing a couple of times and nearly gagging, the said piece of hot dog came up, and I was saved from choking to death on my midnight (okay, more like 12:50-ish) snack.

Erm...other than that, I just figured we might as well have a randomness thread. We have just about everything else here. So, like, if you want to tell people you like noseplugs for no apparent reason, be my guest. This is the place.

Edit: Although, come to think of it, the "Chit-Chat about whatever you want" thread could ALMOST turn out like this one will. Except this will be scarier. Much, much scarier.

I don't like hot dogs. They are all the leftovers of all the meats you can think of. And the skins on them is made of piggy intestine. Yum! :rolleyes:

I'm afraid of clowns; scary, smiling clowns that look happy, but behind your back, will bite your head off and smile some more because they just got a free meal. Cannibalists! I think clowns should be beheaded, chopped into millions of itty bitty pieces, have the decapitated head drowned in a river, and the pieces burned in a gigantic bonfire. Only that way, can we rid the world of the evil that lives in the happy clowns with the painted faces, big shoes, large red nose, and poofy hair.

Vespertilio91 said:
I'm afraid of clowns; scary, smiling clowns that look happy, but behind your back, will bite your head off and smile some more because they just got a free meal. Cannibalists! I think clowns should be beheaded, chopped into millions of itty bitty pieces, have the decapitated head drowned in a river, and the pieces burned in a gigantic bonfire. Only that way, can we rid the world of the evil that lives in the happy clowns with the painted faces, big shoes, large red nose, and poofy hair.
....wow, you're really messed up. ^^

The evil, flying hamster of doom rains coconuts on your pathetic city.

ValkyrieRaven88 said:
....wow, you're really messed up. ^^

The evil, flying hamster of doom rains coconuts on your pathetic city.
Yeah, I know. Me = crazy lunatic who thinks clowns are out to eat his head and needs to visit Trin in the Happy Place so we can play the 'escape from the strait jacket' game.

p.s. Coconuts are in macaroons.

p.s.s. Hamsters are rodents.

p.s.s.s. I have no city.

p.s.s.s.s. I am very bored.

ValkyrieRaven88 to Vespertilio91:wow, you're really messed up

After reading that i'm not admiting to anything. I'm scared of nothing, nothing at all.:D

EDIT:

Vespertilio91:
Yeah, I know. Me = crazy lunatic who thinks clowns are out to eat his head and needs to visit Trin in the Happy Place so we can play the 'escape from the strait jacket' game.

Okay, so maybe you are really messed up. :D

If we're talking about our fears, then I get really freaked out by those huge foot-long mosquitoes. You know, the ones that used to live in prehistoric times and are now mummified in amber, which you can see in science museums? The museum guide told me that they can 'drink' a pint of blood in one bite! I couple of bites and I'll be dead! :eek: I don't know if she was actually serious, or just trying to scare me.

Do you ever get really random and freakishly kinda-psychic things happen to you?

Sometimes I'm reading a particular word and someone will say it at the same time, or I'll think about an episode of a show or a song and it will come on the TV or radio.

The other night, I was reading some short stories by Poe, and I re-read "The Masque of the Red Death". When I finished, I thought, 'Mmm, that put me in the mood for horror, what else should I read?' My eyes fell on My copy of "The Shining". I opened it, and inside the cover King had taken excerpts from a couple of stories to set the mood for his book. One of the excerpts was from "The Masque of the Red Death".

Wooooooooooooo....

I'm not generally afraid of insects, bees, crickets, mantis or even spiders BUT I am afraid of ants. Not one or two ants. It has to be like a whole bunch of them, say 200+. When we first moved into our house we had an ant problem with sugar ants (those are the really tiny black ones) in our kitchen. You'd wake up in the morning and flip on the lilght and there would be hundreds of them on the kitchen countertop. They'd really give me the Hee-Bee-Jee-Bies. Thankfully they are no more.

Peronel said:
Sometimes I'm reading a particular word and someone will say it at the same time, or I'll think about an episode of a show or a song and it will come on the TV or radio.
Yes. That happens a lot, and usually they are really obscure words that you don't normally see/hear all that often.

A couple of weeks ago I learned what the word muse meant, and since, have seen it at least thirty times.

The biggest coincidence would be if there were never any coincidences.

Not scared of clowns but ever since I watched the first Big Brother, when a spider was in (I think) Mel's hair and someone said they'd kill it, and she said they couldn't kill it because then it would jump up and bite off their head, I have been. How utterly ludicrous. If I see a spider now, I spray it with hairspray, or anything that is handy, whereas before I would be kind and stamp on it.

Very, very afraid of dogs. Always been scared of dogs since I was about three or four, and a dog knocked on our front door (I swear it did) and when one of my parents answered the door it ran into the bathroom and I was in the bath. My parents (being the sweet, kind folk they are) decided it would be a good idea to get a dog, so they bought us an alsation. My fear was excerbated when I got bitten by two different dogs in one day when I was eighteen! Recently I've gotten over this slightly (well made room for newer fears anyway) and can now walk on the same side of the road with a dog, rather than have to cross.

Also scared of horses, because a friend (who's a vet) got kicked in the face by one.

Recent fears (ie, the last five years and newer) include: being a passenger in the front seat of a car, talking on the phone, knives, darts, and er, sweetcorn (not really a fear of sweetcorn, just the sight of it makes me feel quite ill - something to do with fishing, and a long story).

Have you read Stephen King?????? And does it give you an eerie feeling when you think of a clown.

Veggiedog, ah! look behind you - it's a mosquito! :p :D

Peronel,
Do you ever get really random and freakishly kinda-psychic things happen to you?
Yep, just as you and Steffee described. At the moment it's the number 316 and the word Albedo.

Dogmatix,
You'd wake up in the morning and flip on the lilght and there would be hundreds of them on the kitchen countertop. They'd really give me the Hee-Bee-Jee-Bies. Thankfully they are no more.
My sister had that problem, I went up to her house and found her crying in her room - the kitchen was covered with thousands of ants. *Shudders*

Steffee,
Very, very afraid of dogs.
being a passenger in the front seat of a car,

Dogs are very scary, they have scary teeth and their bite would hurt - i don't mean to sound like a seven year old but dogs do that to me.
The passenger thing is also understandable, I was in an accident last year and have gotten into a car only a very few times since.

Muggle,
Have you read Stephen King?????? And does it give you an eerie feeling when you think of a clown.
Yes, very much so.

EDIT: I forgot, I wasn't going to admit to any fears. Darn, just forget what you read, I'm fearlesss I am.

lol Gem. Fearless, you are. ;)

Ants are so cool. You just boil the kettle and pour it over them, problem solved. :D

I feel exactly the same about the dog thing. Those teeth! Eeek! Besides that, the first time I got bitten by a dog (of the twice in one day thing) it didn't even actually bite me. It got its teeth close enough to my leg to tear off my pocket (was wearing combats) and its teeth only grazed my thigh long enough to make a complete mess of it. There was little puncture holes and lots of blood and then the ugliest and longest-lasting bruise I've ever suffered. And it hurt, lots and lots. And I was in a pub when it happened! I dread to imagine what my leg would've looked like had I not ran for cover, and it actually had bitten me. :eek:

I'm sorry about your car accident, Gem. In my case I have never been in any kind of accident more than a slight bump, but being driven by a complete nutter has the same effect. Until yesterday, and only because I'm midst moving house, I don't think I have been in a car at all this year, let alone in the front.

Steffee
Ants are so cool. You just boil the kettle and pour it over them, problem solved.

Since my sister refused to do anything but sit mumbling incoherently, (we're a very brave family:rolleyes: ) I had to go get some repellent spray thingy and spray the ants - i'll never forget the way the way they twirled this way and that before falling gracefully to their death - made me feel like a mass murderer - I commited antocide and the guilt will scar me for life. :eek: :D

Your description of the dog incident has sent scary little shivers up and down my spine.

but being driven by a complete nutter has the same effect. Until yesterday, and only because I'm midst moving house, I don't think I have been in a car at all this year, let alone in the front.

If I drove - i'd be one one of those nutters, by not driving I am doing my bit to keep the roads of England safe. Oh, and i'm moving house too - but i have to find a house first - darn house prices:mad: - there we go - my biggest fear of all time - the price of property in London. Very scary.:D

Gem said:
made me feel like a mass murderer - I commited antocide and the guilt will scar me for life. :eek: :D
Aww, it will you know! :eek: ;)

Oh, and i'm moving house too - but i have to find a house first - darn house prices:mad: - there we go - my biggest fear of all time - the price of property in London. Very scary.:D
:D

Very true, though I'm neither buying a house (uh uh, no way, never ever again) or living in London.

But best of luck with that househunting, lol, sounds as if you'll need it. :)

Gem even reading that description about killing the ants is giving me a queasy stomach. And what's worse to me is I'm more queasy about a bunch of dead ants then a bunch of live ones.:confused:

Hello Dogmatix,

I didn't see your earlier post - lives ants can be killed, but what on earth is a person supposed to do with a dead ant? Hard job clearing up their little corpses.

Make sure you check for ants before buying

It's on the list, along with making sure there are no dogs in the vicinity & no clowns, not to mention a whole host of other irrational fears.:D

Dogmatix said:
Make sure you check for ants before buying;)
Yes, do. In the subdivision where I live, EVERYONE has ants really bad. You put out poision, call the exterminator, don't leave plates out, but nothing you do helps.
Just a couple minutes ago I found an ant crawling around on my computer desk in my room. WTF? I don't even keep food in my room....

ValkyrieRaven88,
Just a couple minutes ago I found an ant crawling around on my computer desk in my room. WTF? I don't even keep food in my room....

Fill a plate with water and sugar, the ants will go for the sugar and drown in the water.

How sadistic am I?:eek:

Back