• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Randomness! Yay!

XD. Well, when my brother and I were little, we used to take baking soda and vinegar and various slightly poisonous things, mix the liquids together, pour baking soda on anthills around our house, and then pour the liquid mixture on. Not only did it make a little explosion, it killed a lot of ants. ^^

BTW, I have decided I absolutely love apple cider. I don't know why, but it seems very important that I say it. Had a glass today, and I am obsessed. Hope the rest of the family doesn't get it all before I do.

drmjwdvm said:
I'm not generally afraid of insects, bees, crickets, mantis or even spiders BUT I am afraid of ants. Not one or two ants. It has to be like a whole bunch of them, say 200+.

When I first moved into the halls of residence at my uni, we had a huge problem with ants. You couldn't even leave out a glass that once had Coke in it and been washed! Anyway, being summer, I would leave a bottle of water beside my bed for when I got really hot. One morning I took a swig, and I can't describe the disgusting taste. Kinda acidic. I turned on the light and there was a swarm of ants crawling in my water bottle. Exactly what they wanted in there I don't know, but it was GROOOOSSSSSSS!

Once, when camping, I boiled a kettle of water to make hot chocolate. Apparently there were some ants in it and their little bodies were floating in my cocoa when I took a sip.

One time I went to drink out of a soda and something was crawling around in my mouth, and I spit out a beetle. *gags at the mere memory*

Yeah, in Alabama, where my cousins live, they have these things called fire ants and I walked onto one of their nests. As it turns out, they're called fire ants because they bite or sting you. And they were crawling all over me doing just that--my cousin Betty threw me into a creek to wash me off.

Gem said:
How sadistic am I?:eek:
Not as bad as me. My heroes are Carmilla, Dracula, and Lilleth. (spelling?) But then again, I'm the one who is really messed up and needs to go to the Happy Place again. Do you think they'll hire clowns to make it more happy? I hope not. I'll do a Wednesday Addams on them. Oh, she's another role model. ^^

About the ants. Take an empty spray bottle like of 409 or something like it and fill it 2/3 of the way with water. Put in about 4 squirts of Dawn dishsoap (it's the only kind that actually works) and shake. Now you have a wonderful ant killer so that you can spend hours and hours shooting them with this mixture, watching the pirouette until they finally just collapse, and watch the life drain out of them. Then you can spend another two hours brushing all the little corpses into your trash can so they can be taken to the local landfill, where little scavengers like rats will eats their partially decomposed bodies. Poor little ants.

See, being in solitary confinement can do horrible things to the brain!

p.s. I'm just kidding about all this, except the dishsoap and water ant killer. It really works.

Vespertilio91:
Not as bad as me. My heroes are Carmilla, Dracula, and Lilleth. (spelling?) But then again, I'm the one who is really messed up and needs to go to the Happy Place again.

I don't know who Carmilla is, but Dracula and Lilith were just misunderstood.

here little scavengers like rats will eats their partially decomposed bodies. Poor little ants.

:eek: - I think you'd better have some more time at the Happy Place :D

Carmilla was a vampire in a novel written before even Dracula. She would seduce her victims, normally young female virgins.

All us creatures of the night are misunderstood. All we want is a sip of 'the natural wine' now and again.

Yeah, Jacob, Timmy, and Dylan are coming to get me for a "long vacation" this afternoon. But I know where I'm really going...Happy Place!!! I might be gone for awhile until I win my little game called "Escape from Solitary Confinement." And I might not win this time. Last time, it took me four whole days (they glued the buckles shut). But I got away after ripping the sides open by rubbing my braces against them, grabbing the guard's keys, and shoving the keys under each buckle until it popped open. Then I used those same keys to puncture a hole in the side of the fluffy room, which I jumped in and keyed my way to an open hallway and ran to my safe home. They now know I am out, and have come to get me again. It's like a wonderfully solemn game of cat-and-mouse, except the mouse doesn't get eaten because it's smarter than the dumb kitties.

Dogmatix,
What a smurfy idea!!

Vespertilio91,
I said I was scared of them, not that I wouldn't destroy them.

Guess it wasn't such a smurfy idea after all.:(

So um Vesper...what are you mind numbingly scared of?...What would make you run screaming rather than start destroying? ...just making conversation is all.;)

Clowns are my only irrational fear. Sorry!

No, you probably want to make your avatar whatever I say, don't you, Gem. :D

I don't know why, but I have to say this: I am very clumsy. Wow, I feel better, but I still don't know why I said that. Oh well!

Vespertilio91
No, you probably want to make your avatar whatever I say, don't you, Gem.

Me? No siree, I would never do such a thing. :D

don't know why, but I have to say this: I am very clumsy. Wow, I feel better, but I still don't know why I said that. Oh well!

:D All the best people are clumsy.;)

Vespertilio91 said:
I'm afraid of clowns; scary, smiling clowns that look happy, but behind your back, will bite your head off and smile some more because they just got a free meal. Cannibalists! I think clowns should be beheaded, chopped into millions of itty bitty pieces, have the decapitated head drowned in a river, and the pieces burned in a gigantic bonfire. Only that way, can we rid the world of the evil that lives in the happy clowns with the painted faces, big shoes, large red nose, and poofy hair.

I too fear clowns. Growing up my mom had this hobo-clown doll that sat at the end of the hallway on a little park bench... utterly terrifying.

I also have an irrational fear of Hoover Dam...:eek:

Every time I go to the mall, on the way there is this nice little mattress store. The only problem with it is that it has a huge cast iron clown in the front parking lot for everyone to see. Since I was four, I have been telling my parents that I will take a bazooka to that thing when I can get my hands on it. But for now, I have to suffer watching it look at me like it is going to come after me with a knife every time I pass in the car.

I'm also afraid of heights, so I probably would be scared of the Hoover Dam.

At the moment, Gem, I am trying to figure out what color a smurf would turn if you choke it. Do you know?

Vespertilio91 said:
At the moment, Gem, I am trying to figure out what color a smurf would turn if you choke it. Do you know?

:eek: To even think of such sacrilege means 7 years bad luck :p .

Back