• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

Even when free they can't get any action....they've pushed back the deadline for the next "chapter" :

"Update 18th November 2005

Competition

In order to discover a suitable writer to continue Therese's remarkable story, we are running a competition to write the next 1000 words. Entry is free, please submit your continuation of The Olympian Pen to:

competition@theolympianpen.com

The winner will have their work published on the web site free of charge. All entries must be received by midnight (GMT) on 22nd December 2005. A competition is also being run to continue The Quill of Olympia."

I wonder if Therese Baric (spelling?) feels like a fool? I wonder if she's been given her money back?

I wonder where JS King and Geek are?

No I don't....:D

Thanks to one of them there "slurp spiders" I re-found this oldie but goodie...

www.theolympianpen.com

How wrong we all were about the popularity of this incredible opportunity. I'm sure we are all feeling pretty dumb after all the silly things we said about a story created by multpile unsigned authors. I know I'm hanging my head in shame. Anybody else care to join me in sulking embarrasment?

The opening paragraph puts Dickens to shame:

The Elephant Pen said:
When Jure Kosloff shut his front door one late September morning, he didn’t realize he was closing it for good. As the baritone thud of the door filled the room and the screen behind it clapped its applause, Jure stopped, turned around and took a bow, for it seemed the appropriate thing to do at the moment. Today, for some reason, the act of picking up the morning paper -a ritual practiced every day for the past 34 years- felt like the final curtain.

And this line pinned me down:

The Olympian Pin said:
“Owwwwww! You are hanging me by my ponytail. This is terribly uncomfortable”.
I know if I was hanged by my ponytail (if I had one), I would scream such a phrase...

In case anybody is interested it seems this "concept" is still alive.

Although, it appears it's taken a bit more time than expected to really get rolling. :rolleyes:

"We're pleased to say that the new site is coming along well, and thanks to everyone for their patience. Slowly but surely we're getting there."

Who the hell is 'we'? We already sussed it was some (laser) geek sitting in his parents' house.

Back