• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

It cant be a scam. Peter Johnson told be Brad Pitt had begged him for a role in the upcoming BlockBuster Movie!!!!

Motokid said:
I got a great idea. It’s going to be a compilation CD of currently un-signed rock bands from around the world.

I’ll auction off a place on a CD to the highest bidder on eBay. I’ll sell ten, 6 minute slots on this CD, and then market the compilation to 1000’s of key contacts. I have a phone book, and with the internet, I guess I actually have the potential to have millions of key contacts.

This CD will have the potential to be a Chart Topper, and could spawn a world tour with the likes of Metallica, U2, Aerosmith, AC/DC and The Rolling Stones. There’s no limit to the fame and fortune that could be created through participating in this endeavor. Songs could be included in movie soundtracks too. There’s really no limit. MTV, VH1, MTV2…..Super Bowl halftime appearances…you name it…it could happen

I’ll start the minimum bidding at $100.00 and watch to see how the flood gates open. Since this is such an incredible opportunity I can’t image the kind of talent I’ll get. Imagine the possibilities? You’ll be able to say you are a “recording artist” with a CD that’s available to a world wide audience.

All you need to do is place your highest bid. If you win you have to supply me with a digital recording of your song. Once I accept the quality of your music, and your money, I’ll put it on the CD. Your Band’s name will be included on the CD and the CD jacket. I’ll own the copyright to the song, but you reap the rewards of popularity.

This is truly a ground breaking project that could change the entire face of the music industry. All you have to do is bid. Bid high, and bid often. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to become the next Jimi Hendrix or David Bowie.

Millions of people are showing an interest in new music everyday. This CD will be the newest of the new.

Look for the bidding to start on eBay soon. For a “Buy It Now” price of $10,000 I’ll skip the auction and give you the first track on the CD right now. Email me if you’re interested.

I am just so happy my brother doesn't know this site. He is an honest man, but I don't know how long that would last if he saw your idea.

Nice finds Stewart. How interesting to see that wherever Johnno posts details of his scam, we have one of two outcomes:

1. Nobody responds (burningword.com, etc).
2. People call him a scam artist (here, Write Words, Palimpsest etc).

Do you think he will be starting to get the message any time soon?

He won't get the message. It's just that we are not suitable enough to follow Therese's barrage of lonely hearts acronyms. To be suitable you've got to be desperate, have no knowledge of the writing industry, and have more money than brain cells. Literary standards need not apply. Maybe we should all chip in and submit a synopsis for Chapter Two.

I think he gets the message but, while people laughs in this and other forums, there are also those where no-one replies. With a bit of luck someone will be fool enough to fall for it and maybe even in forums like this people will be silly enough to believe him instead of reading the posts criticising the scam. Also, some people cannot tell the difference between fame and notoriety and for them, bad publicity is better than no publicity.

Apologies for being inactive for so long, I have been highly active at work. I see no-one has bidded for the second chapter. I'm guessing that everyone thinks this is the end......

Laser-geek-UK said:
Apologies for being inactive for so long

Believe me when I say you were barely missed. Welcome back. :)

I have been highly active at work.

With lasers?

I see no-one has bidded for the second chapter.

Well, you were still posting here a day after the bidding ended. I wonder if Peter Johnson will refund Therese Baric and the old guy since these two projects are deader than Londonaldo.

I'm guessing that everyone thinks this is the end......
Not is...was. Unless you have plans to the contrary. :D

Well, his big scheme flopped. Badly. The only thing left to do is hang your head in shame.

Of course not yours, Stewart! The humble pie goes to the "mastermind" behind the scam.

Unless you actually are Peter Johnson... now wouldn't that be an ironic twist!

dele said:
Of course not yours, Stewart! The humble pie goes to the "mastermind" behind the scam.

Unless you actually are Peter Johnson... now wouldn't that be an ironic twist!

Ah ha! Now here's a conspiracy... Perhaps he's also Dierdre too and he's just playing this for fun!

hmmm...where are Geek and JS King?

What has happened to this wonderful, outstanding, inspiring idea that could create the next big thing in the publishing world?

It's been well over a month since the last auction ended...and Geek and King has pretty much dissappeared....

I'm starting to miss this thread.....

Motokid said:
hmmm...where are Geek and JS King?

What has happened to this wonderful, outstanding, inspiring idea that could create the next big thing in the publishing world?

It's been well over a month since the last auction ended...and Geek and King has pretty much dissappeared....

I'm starting to miss this thread.....

I have been totally overloaded with laser geek work!! Writing from my desk now, 4 hours after everyone's gone home. :(

BUT.... it doesn't look like much is happening. I'm finishing laser job in a couple weeks, so may have to return with another alter ego.....depending on my profession.......toilet cleaning geek??

Has anyone sent pj an e-mail to ask him when the next auction is on?

Back