• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

Stewart said:
The only people I've seen express an interest are you and Laserland over there. Of course, putting money into your own pocket...?

Again, anybody in this forum is expressing an interest (perhaps for or against....but still an interest).

I have explicitely stated on many occasions that i don't have any intention on bidding, therefore I have an unenthusiastic interest in bidding. Which is not the same as you've implied in the above quote.

J S King said:
Get your facts straight, I've posted on loads of different threads, check for yourself!

Well from your total of 48 posts you have about 40 posts just in the olympian threads, and you manage to dig up two other scams (missing entirely the sarcasm in shades post, or maybe choosing to miss it). Sorry i forgot to mention your other posts. :rolleyes:

Stewart said:
That's exactly the sort of motivational crap that the website spouts.

Sounds like the medicine you need to help neutralise the cynicism which your mind generates. Seriously, your cynicism and general negativity is what's holding you back, you'll benefit a lot if you can try to be more positive and open-minded!

Before you reply out of anger, ask yourself deep down inside your heart if this is true, and try to see me as someone who's here to help you and not to attack.

Zolipara said:
Well from your total of 48 posts you have about 40 posts just in the olympian threads, and you manage to dig up two other scams (missing entirely the sarcasm in shades post, or maybe choosing to miss it). Sorry i forgot to mention your other posts. :rolleyes:

The other threads aren't as interesting...I think I remember the other two 'scams' though they did actually sound good to me!

J S King said:
Seriously, your cynicism and general negativity is what's holding you back, you'll benefit a lot if you can try to be more positive and open-minded!

I can't help laughing. Holding me back from what? Are you Dale Carnegie incarnate?

Stewart said:
I can't help laughing. Holding me back from what? Are you Dale Carnegie incarnate?

You didn't reply in anger, excellent, this is your first step forward. I'm glad I've managed to bring smiles and laughter to you day, this could be the seed of another Great Oak! :)

Laser-geek-UK said:
Motokid: I thought more of you than trying to get someone banned, disagree with JS to your hearts content, but why insist on him being chucked out by some moderator who you're sucking up to.

I can not ban anybody, nor can I really influence the banning of anybody. I'm sure I'm close to the top of the list of people that are close to being banned. I do not suck up to the mods, and I've done more than my fair share of pissing the mods off. If I was interested in having JS King banned I would contact a mod., not post it in this thread.

I was simply applying a technique used on another forum I frequent to state that someone is being an ass-face.

JS King states he has no time to check out things, yet he spends hours posting in this rediculous thread. I am done with this thread, JS King, and maybe you too Geek...at least until something new pops up...maybe the real peter johnson will show up? Maybe not...but at least until the next auction starts there's nothing left to debate.

The idea of the "Pen" and the "Quill" is currently dead due to lack of interest the world over.

It appears to me the world has spoken, and the world says neither of these two "projects" is worth the paper it's written on...the proof is in the bidding....

J S King said:
Where do 'Great Oaks' come from?
Great Oaks come from $100 bids to plant acorns in scam fertilizer.

I'm so glad I re-opened this thread. Isn't this fun?

Hey Lasergeek, JS_whatsyurname, I've setup a FREE contest in a separate thread that gives anyone the chance to be published for FREE on this website, which is much prettier than that Olympian Pen website, and the cost to submit your story is FREE, and you can even win a FREE book if your FREE submission is the winner of this FREE contest. Or maybe I should start asking for an entry fee? $102.50. Does that sound about right?

sirmyk said:
Hey Lasergeek, JS_whatsyurname, I've setup a FREE contest in a separate thread that gives anyone the chance to be published for FREE on this website, which is much prettier than that Olympian Pen website, and the cost to submit your story is FREE, and you can even win a FREE book if your FREE submission is the winner of this FREE contest. Or maybe I should start asking for an entry fee? $102.50. Does that sound about right?

I'll post JS Kings obvious response:

Interesting, I like the web site...I might have a go at this!

I got a great idea. It’s going to be a compilation CD of currently un-signed rock bands from around the world.

I’ll auction off a place on a CD to the highest bidder on eBay. I’ll sell ten, 6 minute slots on this CD, and then market the compilation to 1000’s of key contacts. I have a phone book, and with the internet, I guess I actually have the potential to have millions of key contacts.

This CD will have the potential to be a Chart Topper, and could spawn a world tour with the likes of Metallica, U2, Aerosmith, AC/DC and The Rolling Stones. There’s no limit to the fame and fortune that could be created through participating in this endeavor. Songs could be included in movie soundtracks too. There’s really no limit. MTV, VH1, MTV2…..Super Bowl halftime appearances…you name it…it could happen

I’ll start the minimum bidding at $100.00 and watch to see how the flood gates open. Since this is such an incredible opportunity I can’t image the kind of talent I’ll get. Imagine the possibilities? You’ll be able to say you are a “recording artist” with a CD that’s available to a world wide audience.

All you need to do is place your highest bid. If you win you have to supply me with a digital recording of your song. Once I accept the quality of your music, and your money, I’ll put it on the CD. Your Band’s name will be included on the CD and the CD jacket. I’ll own the copyright to the song, but you reap the rewards of popularity.

This is truly a ground breaking project that could change the entire face of the music industry. All you have to do is bid. Bid high, and bid often. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to become the next Jimi Hendrix or David Bowie.

Millions of people are showing an interest in new music everyday. This CD will be the newest of the new.

Look for the bidding to start on eBay soon. For a “Buy It Now” price of $10,000 I’ll skip the auction and give you the first track on the CD right now. Email me if you’re interested.

Motokid said:
Could be the greatest opportunity of your life? How can it fail?

Can we send you CDs via e-mail, and pay for multiple tracks?

Can we pay you more to have our name in a larger font on the jacket?

Also: companies and corporations may wish to bid in order to use the song to discreetly promote their products.

Shade said:
Also: companies and corporations may wish to bid in order to use the song to discreetly promote their products.

hell yeah....for an extra $5,000, if you act now....I'll put your company name in bold letters on the back jacket of the CD. But you have to act fast, and use that "Buy Now" option....this deal won't last long....once the media discovers what I'm up to, you can be sure this feature will be bought up fast. I'm only going to offer it to the first 5 people that "Buy It Now".....

just think....you and mick Jagger could be jammin' togther some day singin' your song....who's to say that could not happen? Who?

I've gotta song for you Motokid (think of Mick Jagger whaling it out):

Buy my book
Called Palindrome Hannah
You gave it that look,
said, "Yeah, I'm Gonna!"
Gonna buy me that book
Gonna buy me that book
Gonna buy me that book
Named'a Palindrome Hannah!

I only spent
One hundred dollah
To publish my book