• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading less

Yeah i tend to draw things out too much, but i'm not sure what would make things better. I doubt governments can help. Increasing the cost of university education (uk) will hardly encourage the poorer kids to overcome the shortcomings of their underfunded schools. And they've certainly not done anything to curb rising obesity. But then fastfood chains pay a lot of business tax and can afford the best political lobbyists. I'm sure every generation thinks society is going to the dogs, that it's not like the good old days, but for me there is a palpable lack of civility these days. No tolerence or respect for others. One big rat race rendered so insecure and unable to think for themselves that they see alternative opinions as something threatening that must be crushed.

Now i'm ranting off topic. Vive la revolution then education education education :)

Daniel said:
You need only look across the pond and into the whitehouse to see what a nation of springer viewers gets you - blind media driven nationalism to the tune of thousands of innocent lives.

Just to make clear, more of us voted for Gore, Bush wasn't our choice for President, he backed his way in with Jeb leading the way. And 2) we're going to fix this problem if in November if I have anything to say about it! :cool:

True@1stLight said:
Just to make clear, more of us voted for Gore, Bush wasn't our choice for President, he backed his way in with Jeb leading the way. And 2) we're going to fix this problem if in November if I have anything to say about it!

I hereby deem the last post to be quoted because it is accurate. george w. bush has always been a last choice and remains such in the future-past.

bobbyburns said:
I hereby deem the last post to be quoted because it is accurate. george w. bush has always been a last choice and remains such in the future-past.

Sweet, the little birdy that told me about it was right!! :eek:

Back