• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

The Boy Who Shoots Crows by Randall Silvis :star4:

Beautifully descriptive and wordy,but still an intrigueing thriller/character study combined.

What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank - Nathan Englander
Eight brilliant short stories by an exceedingly imaginative author.
:star5:

Janet Evanovich's Explosive Eighteen
Standard Steph Plum adventures... a little less Ranger and Morelli drama, but some possible interesting allusions.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. Absolutely enjoyed this delectable mix of exaggeration and adventure undertaken by a young boy.

The Big Sleep - Raymond Chandler :star3:
Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson :star3:
Known to Evil - Walter Mosely :star3:

The Long Run by Mishka Shubaly. This one was definitely overrated, I love running, but this story was not up to snuff. The scenes played out too fast and were grossly underdeveloped, even by essay standards.:star1:

Hold Tight - Harlan Coben. I read it to get in the good books of a cute guy. Suddenly the guy doesn't seem so cute. Why is Coben a bestseller? The ingredients list on my crisp packet is more thrilling.

The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
The Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck
The Grey Wolfe Throne by Cinda Williams Chima

I'm too old to be reading Y.A., but I'm crazy into Y.A. fantasy right now. Oh well, could be worse I guess.

Back