• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

Virginia Woolf, Flush :star2:
It's a novel about a dog, a dog's biography. I'm not sure what to do with it. It is an amusing and surprisingly easy read - unlike some of Woolf's other work - yet it fails to completely captivate me or even feel bad for Flush the dog whenever something bad happens to him. It's a bit like reading a weekly column in a newspaper about the events in a dog's life.
I'm sure there are deeper layers here, that my professor will gladly uncover, about dog society being compared to human society and the dog really being the model for a woman writer who has little or no chance to do as she pleases.

Virginia Woolf, Flush :star2:
It's a novel about a dog, a dog's biography. I'm not sure what to do with it. It is an amusing and surprisingly easy read - unlike some of Woolf's other work - yet it fails to completely captivate me or even feel bad for Flush the dog whenever something bad happens to him. It's a bit like reading a weekly column in a newspaper about the events in a dog's life.
I'm sure there are deeper layers here, that my professor will gladly uncover, about dog society being compared to human society and the dog really being the model for a woman writer who has little or no chance to do as she pleases.

Was there much butt sniffing?

The Hunger Trace by Edward Hogan :star4:

2nd of Hogan's books I've read,in which he excels at exploring relationships laced with some stunning descriptive imagery.

Nikolai Gogol, Dead Souls.

Absolutely brilliant satire that still holds up 170 years later. Pity it's unfinished. I'll read the fragmental "part II" eventually, but for now I'm happy to leave Chichikov where he is, galloping into the new world behind a lazy horse.

:star4: +

Back