• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

I'm on a bit of a reading binge this week, last night I started my 5th book since last Saturday. Here's the list of what I've read so far:

Snuff, Chuck Palahniuk. What can I say, it's Chuck Palahniuk...

Man in the Dark, Paul Auster. I don't think I had ever been so moved by a Paul Auster novel. I have always loved his work but this is something else.

The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. Beautiful and disturbing. Somehow I kept hoping they wouldn't go through with it...

Aurora Boreal, Asa Larsson. Wonderful, every bit as good as Mankell or Stieg Larsson. Kept me up until 3 a.m.

Los Informantes, Juan Gabriel Vásquez. Just started this one last night.

Here is what I didn't finish:

Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad

I was bored to tears, so I had to put it down. So much melodrama, and yet evoked zero emotions in me.

:star1: for the first 100 pages that I actually read. :whistling:

Maybe I will try it again some day.

Agatha Christie's The Labours of Hercules. A Hercule Poirot novel of 12 short stories.

I read it a few weeks back. I think I liked one or two stories, but the rest were pretty lame. I remember the one which involves a father and two daughters and some drugs. That was stupid! How did you find the book?

I read it a few weeks back. I think I liked one or two stories, but the rest were pretty lame. I remember the one which involves a father and two daughters and some drugs. That was stupid! How did you find the book?
Much the same as you. A no-brainer. Quite corny. But it passed the time:flowers:

Americain Pastoral-Philipe Roth:star5:
Very good and very hard.
Only probleme was the book been an audio and the girl having a stutter, i was someting madening, felt like shaking my ipod.
Realistic though.

Quirkology -- Richard Wiseman :star4:

Very interesting and entertaining - Wiseman is a very funny guy. I especially enjoyed the chapter on the search for the world's funniest joke. I thought adding a list of what people found to be the most interesting facts from the book was also a nice touch.

Overall, a light, easy, interesting read.

Just finished, Leslie Thomas's " Dangerous in Love." I just love these books about Dangerous Davies the last detective. Extremely humorous, and a good myustery.

Just Finished "Prelude to Foundation" Isac Asimov. Decided to read through the series again!!!
smile2.gif

The Lord of The Rings J.R.R. Tolkien :star4:

I would give it five stars except I almost didn't make it through the prologue :lol:. It picked up significantly after that, and I'm glad I stuck with the trilogy. :)

Hannilbal Rising by Thomas Harris. As soon as I finished the book I bought the DVD both are gory and brilliant

Back