• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Rogue Male by Geoffrey Household
The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston with Mario Spezi
The Long Night of Winchell Dear by Robert James Waller

Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
I read the first one years ago. I just finished watching and rewatching the series (seasons 1-3). I feel like I need a Dexter fix till the new season.

Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay
I read the first one years ago. I just finished watching and rewatching the series (seasons 1-3). I feel like I need a Dexter fix till the new season.

yeah i was reading an article in a writers magazine about how well michael c hall does portraying dexter so i finally got around to picking up the book haha. the writing and character developement is so amazing in both the book and the show.. ive really been impressed with how theyve done the show

A book by a portuguese author, Francisco Salgueiro, called A Praia da Saudade (very hard to translate...)

Saudade,i believe ,does not translate well.It's what French qualify with an English term,the spleen.
The closest would be the blues.
"Blues beach" does not sound too good.

Got Guillermo del Toro-The strain and Three rooms in new york-Georges Simenon

yeah i was reading an article in a writers magazine about how well michael c hall does portraying dexter so i finally got around to picking up the book haha. the writing and character developement is so amazing in both the book and the show.. ive really been impressed with how theyve done the show
From what I remember of the first book, I felt the same way about the show. Spot on. I like that the show has done its own thing after the first season and first book. Reading the other books will be like having new episodes to watch. :p

exactly! i heard there are a couple differences like deb finding out right away and things like that but it seems to me that would be more appropriate for after the first book because of the whole "bay harbor butcher" thing... but once i finish "the great hunt" imma read the dexter book... take a little break from robert jordan haha.. im a slow reader...

arent there only three books of the dexter series tho?

Love Dexter TV series,haven't read Dexter books.

Library: Garden Of Martyrs by Michael C Hall.

Bidding: Destroyer Of Worlds by Mark Chadbourn

Saudade,i believe ,does not translate well.It's what French qualify with an English term,the spleen.
The closest would be the blues.
"Blues beach" does not sound too good.

That would be a solution, Thomas. Saudade is the feeling of missing something, someone... There isn't a word for it in English and I don't think there is one in French either. Since I haven't read the book yet I don't know how saudade applies there so another solution would be "The beach of nostalgia".

Love Dexter TV series,haven't read Dexter books.

Library: Garden Of Martyrs by Michael C Hall.
Garden of Martyrs by Michael C. White? ;) Dexter on the brain!!!
I've only read the first one and I remember liking it. I didn't plan on reading the others, but oh well, I feel like I need a Dexter fix in between seasons.

brolie said:
arent there only three books of the dexter series tho?
Link: Dexter Books | Home
The fourth book will be out this September: Dexter by Design.

Just recently purchased:

Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway
Ulysses by James Joyce
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Jurgen by James Branch Cabell
The Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake
Memoir From Antproof Case by Mark Helprin

I've only read the first one and I remember liking it. I didn't plan on reading the others, but oh well, I feel like I need a Dexter fix in between seasons.

i was thinking the same thing with the michael c hall thing.. i havent heard of the book so i was like "michael c hall writes books!?!?!?!?" haha

sweet! not too far away either!

London's Burning by John Bedford
The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano
The Unvanquished by William Faulkner

:blink: I didn't realise I'd done that Libra6Poe/brolie! Obviously Dexter daydreaming! And yeah it should've been Michael C White! :)

Just bought Outlaw by Angus Donald

Emmanuelle, by Emmanuelle Arsan.

409b8269c83059359336a625641434d414f4541.jpg

Back