• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Just read:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith
The Zombie Survival Guide - Max Brooks

To read next:
Fearless Fourteen - Janet Evanovich
World War Z - Max Brooks (as soon as my sons friend gives it back)

Library: Black River by G.M. Ford / A Whispered Name by William Brodrick
Charity:The Blood-Dimmed Tide by Rennie Airth / Three Day Road by Joseph
Boyden.

Purchased during my vacations:
The Story Of O, by Pauline Reage
Justine, by Marquis de Sade
Delta of Venus, by Anais Nin
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers, by Mary Roach
About a Boy, by Nick Hornby
Dead man's folly, by Agatha Christie
Taken at the flood, by Agatha Christie
Maigret and the Wine Merchant, by Georges Simenon

Plus a collection of Sherlock Holmes books, mainly short stories.

The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho (a friend handed me the book (forcefully) and demanded I read it!). :whistling:

The Crusades Through Arab Eyes- Amin Maalouf

Codex 632: The Secret Identity of Christopher Columbus - Jose Rodriquex Dos Santos

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three by John Godey. Been curious to read this since seeing the 70s movie version, and found that it's been reprinted as a tie-in with the remake of the movie. No idea whether the remake is any good (they usually aren't), but cheers to it for leading to the book being reprinted.

Did you know he's a portuguese author? I haven't read that one yet, so let me know what you think of it, ok? Oh, and it's Rodrigues.

I knew he was Portuguese, and I didn't mean to misspell the poor man's name. I just can't tupe..I mean tyop.. I mean TYPE!

I knew he was Portuguese, and I didn't mean to misspell the poor man's name. I just can't tupe..I mean tyop.. I mean TYPE!

:lol: It's ok, no harm's done.

I read The Seventh Seal by the same author this summer and I enjoyed it. It's no masterpiece, but it was entertaining and the subject is something I'm very interested in, so it appealed even more to me. It's part of a series where the main character is an historian called Tomás Noronha and I think he's the main character in your book too, but I'm not sure. Anyway, let me know what you think of it, ok?

:lol: It's ok, no harm's done.

I read The Seventh Seal by the same author this summer and I enjoyed it. It's no masterpiece, but it was entertaining and the subject is something I'm very interested in, so it appealed even more to me. It's part of a series where the main character is an historian called Tomás Noronha and I think he's the main character in your book too, but I'm not sure. Anyway, let me know what you think of it, ok?

Will do. And you are correct, Tomas Noronha is the main character in Codex 632.

From the Goodwill:
Everville - Clive Barker
Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover - Anthony Summers

From the library:
Unfinished Tales - J.R.R. Tolkien

Memoirs of a German Opera Singer, by Wilhelmine Schroeder.
The last book of the Sherlock Holmes collection.

EDIT: I've just realised this is my 666th post. Spooky...

In the Bible the number 7 represents PERFECTION (or the state of god the almighty). The number 6 falls short of 7 making number 6 imperfect or in sin state. The number of the beast (the DEVIL) 666 is three times the sinfulness thus those who wears it it, sort of speak, are far, real far from the perfect state of god- or god Himself.

Yes, you learn something new everyday.

Back